TV mount - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
TV mount

I am trying to finish my build sheet and need your input.

In the 5TA, I am going to have 2 TV's, one in the bedroom and one in the dinette. Question is, which side of the dinette. If you had a special reason for where you placed yours, would you please share.

Such minor things, make me so very crazy!

Thanks!
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:48 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
Vicki,
Your floor plan will be different than the current 5.0. Perhaps close to same as the 21'. Now is the time to get walls reinforced, power, and cable locations finalized. What size TV's? Any insight from ETI on this?
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #3

Hi David! Yes I will have several walls reinforced, both dinette and both bedroom. No telling what I may want to put up!
TV's will be either 19" or 22".
Old 03-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 5.0 TA Dec 2014
Great question. I have a 5TA completion date for December, and have tried to think this subject through also. My wife and I have decided to mount the TV on the cabinet wall adjacent to the refer, perhaps with the wiring in the cabinet space shared with the refer. I emailed Rease about this, and he said he would see if this would work. This way we can tuck the 19" tv out of the way when not in use, but swing it out while sitting in the u-shaped dinette. My wife is a great cook and likes to watch the cooking shows. This TV configeration allows her to swing it out so she can pause in her latest creation to look over her shoulder and see what the professionals are doing.

By the way, I have my eye on the Jensen 19" TV with an integral DVD player that operates on DC current. I figure when I'm out in the boondocks at least we can watch a movie.

Let me know your thoughts. I would like to learn from you!

Craig
CraigJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:03 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I had the Jensen in my Escape 19 and sold it with the unit, replace with this i the new 21'
Amazon.com: NAXA NTD-1552 15.6-Inch Widescreen HD LED TV with Built-in Digital TV Tuner and USB/SD Inputs and DVD Player: Electronics
12v with built in dvd.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:29 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I also am going to have two televisions. But, I want them mounted the opposite of most folks. Kitchen side and drivers side cabinet in the loft. While seated at the dinnete, I prefer to look out the patio window. Remember, this whole area is only 4 feet in depth and large TV isn't really needed. However, in the loft I want the largest that will fit. I like to lay in bed and watch movies... but, I wear glasses. Don't want to wear glasses in bed! Crunch. YMMV

Now, I just have to find out if ETI can wire everything this way.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:36 AM   #7

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki A. View Post
Hi David! Yes I will have several walls reinforced, both dinette and both bedroom. No telling what I may want to put up!
TV's will be either 19" or 22".
Vicki, did you get the layout diagram from ETI that shows what walls you can get reinforced? I'm attaching it here, it doesn't show bedroom walls as an option. Did you get the TV size from ETI?

Jim, why do you like the Naxa better then the Jensen.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 5.0 TA electrical plan.pdf (285.0 KB, 50 views)
Old 03-20-2014, 09:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Vicki, did you get the layout diagram from ETI that shows what walls you can get reinforced? I'm attaching it here, it doesn't show bedroom walls as an option. Did you get the TV size from ETI?.
Yes, thank you Bob, I did get the diagram. I would guess the passenger side of the bedroom is already reinforced, as that is the standard TV mount area.
I with Donna for the dinette area though...I rarely sit anywhere that I don't have clear sight to the door. Old cop habits are hard to break!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #9

The Jensen was nice and built for marine use, but wanted to try something different and the costs was about 1/2. If the Naxa does not hold up I'll go back. I also found a blue tooth adapter that transmits to a blue tooth speaker. Amazon.com: TaoTronics® TT-BA01 Wireless Portable Bluetooth Stereo Music Transmitter (Not A Bluetooth Receiver) for 3.5mm Audio Devices (iPod, MP3/MP4, TV, Kindle Fire, Media Players...) + 3.5mm Female to 2 RCA Male Cable: Kindle Store
highly recommend the use of these Amazon.com : F Male Right Angle to F Female Coax Adapters Pack of 5 : Electronics Cable Connectors : Electronics
and this cable
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Jim,

How is your Naxa TV holding up? I'm interested in a 12-volt TV that I can also use as a second computer monitor, hoping I can do this with the HDMI input. Do you think this would be feasible with the Naxa, and what do you think of your TV so far?

thanks,

Mike Lewis
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:26 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Naxa in my Casita

Mike,

I have a 21" Naxa in my Casita similar to Jim's except no DVD. Had for year and has been on the road to Texas, Florida , and short trip in Ohio. So far so good. Have not tried as a computer monitor. Seems to pull pretty good stations with crappy antenna in the Casita. My DVD is from a 12 volt marine AM, FM, DVD deck on composite inputs. Sound on TV is OK but much better through Alpine speakers on the deck. I don't take it off the mount on the road. Hope this helps.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #12

So far and 3000 miles, no problems.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #13
RWS

Trailer: 2014 escape 21
Check out the 12 volt store, I'm getting the 21in Majestic slim line with dvd built in.
RWS is offline   Reply With Quote