TV mount in 19' - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2016, 12:43 PM   #21
J&G

Trailer: Escape 19
Ceiling Mount for TV in Escape 19

We are planning to hang a 19 to 24 inch TV under the shelf that runs over the rock guard window in our 19. The problem is finding a ceiling mount that has a quick release. Any suggestions?
J&G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&G View Post
We are planning to hang a 19 to 24 inch TV under the shelf that runs over the rock guard window in our 19. The problem is finding a ceiling mount that has a quick release. Any suggestions?
I do not think that shelf is strong enough to support much weight, I'd check with ETI because they have specific places they will install or can recommend.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #23
J&G

Trailer: Escape 19
I checked with Reace. He said he couldn't give us a weight limit but that that shelf is fairly strong. We will reinforce the shelf floor so that there is more to screw into though.
J&G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:05 PM   #24

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
I checked with Reace. He said he couldn't give us a weight limit but that that shelf is fairly strong. We will reinforce the shelf floor so that there is more to screw into though.
a bit off thread but about the load weight/strength of the center front shelf..
Always assumed the enclosed front ceiling cabinets on either side in the Escape 19 are screwed to wooden reinforcement fiberglassed in, both at the top edge and the lower edge of the cabinets. The center shelf is not enclosed like the side cabinets, so it may only be screwed at the ends and hopefully to wooden reinforcement fiberglassed in along the lower edge. So the center shelf may not be as strong as the side cabinets with regard to weight placed on it.
Perhaps converting the center shelf to an enclosed cabinet at build time as an option would also include wooden reinforcement fiberglassed in at the top edge AND the lower edge to make the center storage stronger, similar to the way the center enclosed ceiling cabinet is attached in the rear of the trailer.
Sent an email to ETI requesting more info about the availability/cost of this option and how it was actually constructed.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Cant help you with a quick release mount. The front shelf is quite sturdy in my 19' and I would not hesitate to hang our 19" TV from the shelf if that was where we wanted it located. However, due to the bouncing that could occur during travel, I would take the TV down and secure it elsewhere for towing.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:37 PM   #26

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Under cabinets mounts with a quick release appear to be a rare breed. I found one at the link below that someone modified. A user with an RV application took this mount and drilled through the TV bracket mounting points and inserted his own pins to make it quick release. It appears you would lose the adjustable up and down function, but not sure that is even needed once you set the height of your TV. If you are handy maybe you can make this work for your needs.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OVRHVPU/ref=pd_sbs_23_12?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00OVRHVPU&pd_rd_ r=SG29AJYAHBNQRY9CEQ6F&pd_rd_w=Lmkgq&pd_rd_wg=TJzo a&psc=1&refRID=SG29AJYAHBNQRY9CEQ6F
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote