"TV ready" Option - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #1

"TV ready" Option

After months of research, we took the plunge and ordered a 19', for pickup up in late July! As we consider our options, I was wondering if anyone could educate me on what "TV ready" means, as well as what the "TV antenna" and "power amplifier" actually does? We are new to the world of travel trailers, so any advice would be welcome. We are not huge music people, and haven't ordered the stereo option (we will just use our iphone with dock as needed) and don't plan on watching much TV at all while camping (thats what they ALL say you're thinking!). The main reasons I would like to pursue the TV option are 1) we would like to be able to watch the occasional downloaded movie on a larger screen than our ipad and 2) I can't come to terms with the prospect of missing a Canucks' deep playoff run at some point in the future while we're away camping (you gotta dream...). Any suggestions for ensuring my escape will be "Canucks-ready"?
stevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Re: "TV ready" Option

Congrats on your order. You have made a good choice. Lots of great threads on the different options on here for you to check out. Many more mods you can do once you own it too.

It provides an external co-ax connector, and and interior one too. This allows you to connect to the campground cable connection, and hook a TV to the inside one.

I ordered it, and have used it once, maybe twice, in three years. Once we retire and travel more, there is a much better chance of needing it then.

It could also be something easily added on in the future, and who really know where technology is headed, and if you don't think you will need it now, by all means wait until you do.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

I too just ordered my Escape 19', p/u in July and went thru the order process. The tv ready package consists of several components. You have an exterior hook up where you can receive cable tv while at a campground, if they offer such. This exterior hook up ends at the coaxial hook up inside. You should consider where you may want the tv. I had one for years in the bed area but I'm putting mine now in the front dinette area. If you do not have cable available, then the antenna connection will be activated via a button and this will boost any over the air signals that may exist. So there is a tv antenna installed on the roof with an amplified booster, this to will be at the coaxial connection of your choice.
Once you have settled in, you will need to program your tv for either cable or "over the air antenna" and let it scan for channels. Once complete sit down and relax.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b

I think you have PLENTY of time to get your rig Canucks-ready. lol
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote