TV swivel arm - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2016, 06:23 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
What better way to try out the new tv and swing arm than to look at some Baja photos in our nicely warmed up to 44*F trailer.

Checked visibility from both sides of the dinette and the bed. Perfect, we're happy campers.

Mind you, looking at the campfire photo from Baja was pure torture. Oh well, only a month and a couple of days and we've be back there.

So, I've got my Jack antenna, new tv and the swing arm. Definitely more upscale now than watching tv with a tv stick on my netbook.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0013_resize.JPG   IMGP0014_resize.JPG   IMGP0016_resize.JPG  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:50 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Ok so my question is can you easily quickly connect/disconnect the TV from that nice swinging bracket, like for when on the road? I see a 4 screw issue... oh wait, instead of a screw driver you could get 4 screws with large knobs on them. Or maybe make a slipped-on bracket harness?
Old 12-14-2016, 08:18 PM   #23

The square plate that's bolted to the TV detaches from the arm quite easily. The plate and TV "hang" on the arm. 2 screws or 1 would do, keep it from bouncing off. Takes a few seconds to put on and remove.

Another option would be to put two wingnuts on the mounting studs for the bracket and drop the whole assembly on the bed for transport on rough roads.

But I might not even do that as the TV, when in the stowed position, is just above the top edge of my stowed flip up countertop. With a small rubber block between it and the TV it might be enough to allow it to remain in position on rough roads. Either way, no biggie, lots of options.

Ron
Old 12-14-2016, 08:50 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Nice. And always transmission-ready.

Otherwise, we got Josie yesterday. Rescued, of course. Vet doesn't know what she is, is calling her a New Mexican Brown field dog. Very fiesty 45 pounds, might be 10 months old, not trailer trained yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Jos-10.jpg  
Old 12-14-2016, 08:53 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Cute pup, Myron.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:46 PM   #26

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Whoa, some interesting comments for sure, the things I never knew.

First of all, there's no issue attaching the bracket in this location. The interior edge of the bulkhead may not be vertically continuous but that's not important. It's not the same as attaching a load at right angles to a stud that isn't anchored top and bottom. The arm base is attached by bolting through both panels and the interior structure. The panels may be thin by they serve to distribute the load over a wide area. The arm is rock solid.

Speaking of the arm, I'm happy with it. It was inexpensive and seems perfectly suited to the tv and the space.

We could have skipped installing the arm and put the tv on our flip up counter but then it'd have to be moved and it'd sort of be in the way even when being used. So, all in all, the arm was the way to go.

A couple of shots of the arm by its' self.

Ron
Nice Ron . What is hanging down in corner of bedroom in corner ? Where did you get the nice TV arm ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post

Otherwise, we got Josie yesterday. Rescued, of course. Vet doesn't know what she is, is calling her a New Mexican Brown field dog. Very fiesty 45 pounds, might be 10 months old, not trailer trained yet.
Nice looking pup Myron ! Good for you rescuing ! Pat
Old 12-15-2016, 12:09 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Nice Ron . What is hanging down in corner of bedroom in corner ? Where did you get the nice TV arm ? Pat
That's my hanging fan. I like a small breeze on hot nights, my wife doesn't

So this gives me my targeted small breeze. It's right in front of the window opening so it's bringing in outside air and I can direct it to blow only at me.

Cheap junked computer fan and quiet, works for me.

The TV arm was from ebay, "articulating wall mount".

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
18-05-2015 4-19-34 PM_0010_resize.JPG  
Old 12-15-2016, 12:23 AM   #29

Quote:
That's my hanging fan. I like a small breeze on hot nights, my wife doesn't

So this gives me my targeted small breeze. It's right in front of the window opening so it's bringing in outside air and I can direct it to blow only at me.

Cheap junked computer fan and quiet, works for me.

The TV arm was from ebay, "articulating wall mount".

Ron
Thanks Ron Pat
Old 12-15-2016, 12:31 AM   #30

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:

You are going to be happy with Josie! You can tell by the look in her eyes. Gentle and loving, but some goofiness as well.
Take good care of her!
Old 12-15-2016, 02:12 AM   #31

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
What better way to try out the new tv and swing arm than to look at some Baja photos in our nicely warmed up to 44*F trailer.

Checked visibility from both sides of the dinette and the bed. Perfect, we're happy campers.

Mind you, looking at the campfire photo from Baja was pure torture. Oh well, only a month and a couple of days and we've be back there.

So, I've got my Jack antenna, new tv and the swing arm. Definitely more upscale now than watching tv with a tv stick on my netbook.

Ron
Ron, is your TV 110V or can it handle 12V as well? What about a DVD?

Thanks.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:04 PM   #32

Short answer; yes, works fine on 12 volts. That's the reason I paid more than an RCA the same size, because I could run it directly and more efficiently on 12 volts.
It also can run on 110 volts.

We had a discussion on 12 volt tvs a couple of weeks ago but I don't know what thread it's in.

Ron
Old 12-15-2016, 02:11 PM   #33

Quote:
I can see this thread has gone to the dogs already. Well better that than poutine.

Speaking of rescue dogs we're now 3 time Foster Failures. We tried, we really did, even interviewed people that wanted to adopt her and let her go to a person who should have been an ideal adopter. But their 3 parrots terrified her so back she came. That's it, I said, she's had enough trauma and we adopted her.

She came from San Bernadino, abandoned by the side of the road in a field. How she survived is a miracle, she's 5lbs and pretty defenseless. She was taken to a shelter but it was a high kill one so, as we Canadians are fond of doing, she was put on a truck with 40 other dogs and brought up here for adoption.

She's not crazy about the cold but she's super well house broken. Outside, does her thing and back in the warm house in about 2 minutes.

She's going to be happy to get to the warmth in Baja.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
10-12-2016 2-47-38 PM13.JPG   14-11-2016 2-56-27 PM17.JPG   23-01-2007 6-06-22 AM07.JPG  
Old 12-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #34

She's adorable, Ron. Good on you guys for giving her a good home.

While I love me some good poutine, a dog will win out every time.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-15-2016, 02:35 PM   #35
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:

That's a nice looking dog. Maybe a cross between a boxer and a lab?
Old 12-15-2016, 03:58 PM   #36

Quote:
I can see this thread has gone to the dogs already. Well better that than poutine.

Speaking of rescue dogs we're now 3 time Foster Failures. We tried, we really did, even interviewed people that wanted to adopt her and let her go to a person who should have been an ideal adopter. But their 3 parrots terrified her so back she came. That's it, I said, she's had enough trauma and we adopted her.

She came from San Bernadino, abandoned by the side of the road in a field. How she survived is a miracle, she's 5lbs and pretty defenseless. She was taken to a shelter but it was a high kill one so, as we Canadians are fond of doing, she was put on a truck with 40 other dogs and brought up here for adoption.

She's not crazy about the cold but she's super well house broken. Outside, does her thing and back in the warm house in about 2 minutes.

She's going to be happy to get to the warmth in Baja.

Ron
Ron so glad she has a good home . It breaks my heart how some can be so cruel to animals .This is too much I see your baby has the same jacket as our little one . He is 7-8 lbs . At least you can find them in the dark . Pat
Old 12-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #37

Trailer: 2014 Escape 17B
Quote:

Congratulations, I'm sure she will bring you guys lots of happiness. What a sweet face, one look and I bet she will melt your heart, and of course get her own way.
2019 KC the Beagle
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:53 PM   #38

Trailer: 2016 - Escape 19 (2nd Gen), 2021 F150 Powerboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
While I love me some good poutine, a dog will win out every time.
Jim, quit trying to change the subject. This thread is all about dogs, not poutine
davescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:58 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by davescape View Post
Jim, quit trying to change the subject. This thread is all about dogs, not poutine
Sawwy.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:59 PM   #40
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by davescape View Post
No, it's actually about swivel arms for televisions, but it's changed twice now! And don't anyone dare ask me or Jim to separate the topics
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote