U-Shape dinette issue - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-26-2016, 03:24 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Carla Jean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Posts: 216
U-Shape dinette issue

We have the U-shape dinette, and had ETI install the table with the Springfield table base. When sliding the table side-to-side, it hits the fold down tables. Has anyone had this issue? I see nothing on the forum addressing this.

We are on our way to the SW as we speak in our new 21' for three months, so it will be first of May when we will be able to order the Dicor mechanism to slide back to front.
__________________

Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:33 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
SpokanEscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spokane, Washington
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA 2016 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
Posts: 421
Does it hit the fold down tables when they are folded against the wall or just if they are extended?
__________________

__________________
Jan and Paul
"Le Bon Oeuf"
SpokanEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:25 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Greggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Solvang, California
Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Posts: 764
If the table length (not the width) was cut down 4 or 5 inches would it still be a problem?

G
__________________
Some who wander are not lost...
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:02 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 3,849
Don't have the folding tables but our table slides front to back and couldn't hit them if we had them. Might be able to change the slider 90 degrees if you think that'd help.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:03 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
C&G in FL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Posts: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
We have the U-shape dinette, and had ETI install the table with the Springfield table base. When sliding the table side-to-side, it hits the fold down tables. Has anyone had this issue? I see nothing on the forum addressing this.

We are on our way to the SW as we speak in our new 21' for three months, so it will be first of May when we will be able to order the Dicor mechanism to slide back to front.
On my 5.0TA, the table slid side to side. It was too close to the back bench )U shaped dinette) to actually use the back bench. It took me about 40 minutes to switch the sliders so that the table slid front to backl, allowing uncramped use of the back bench as well as easy access to the side benches. I believe making this easy mod would solve the problem of the table contacting the fold down tables, and can be done without purchasing additional parts.
__________________
Carl
2015 F150 2.7 EcoBoost (Big Spot)
2015 5.0TA (Little Elsie)
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:05 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,934
Just curious as to why you would want a fold up table in the dinette area? I could see if there was no table, but with the table there it seems redundant to me.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:14 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
On my 5.0TA, the table slid side to side. It was too close to the back bench )U shaped dinette) to actually use the back bench. It took me about 40 minutes to switch the sliders so that the table slid front to backl, allowing uncramped use of the back bench as well as easy access to the side benches. I believe making this easy mod would solve the problem of the table contacting the fold down tables, and can be done without purchasing additional parts.
I thought about reorienting the sliders too Carl, but I moved them slightly back on the table instead, which gave us another couple of inches of sitting room along the back. Still not convinced that either arrangement is the ideal one, mainly because our dining area is smallish either way. Works for now.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:10 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
C&G in FL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Posts: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I thought about reorienting the sliders too Carl, but I moved them slightly back on the table instead, which gave us another couple of inches of sitting room along the back. Still not convinced that either arrangement is the ideal one, mainly because our dining area is smallish either way. Works for now.
I did it because my wife absolutely hated the side to side. I was not real happy with it either because when we had seen Alf's trailer, his slid front to back. We expected ours to be constructed front to back and were "surprised" on orientation day. Since we have switched it, we are both much happier with the way it slides. I've heard a few people say they like it better side to side. I guess it is mostly personal preference.
__________________
Carl
2015 F150 2.7 EcoBoost (Big Spot)
2015 5.0TA (Little Elsie)
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:22 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: N/A, Indiana
Trailer: Escape
Posts: 931
I wonder if the Dicor table sliding mechanism can be adapted to the Springfield pedestal ?
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:26 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
I wonder if the Dicor table sliding mechanism can be adapted to the Springfield pedestal ?
I just went and measured the Dicor slider, and you need a plate 8 1/2" wide to fit it on. I imagine even if the top of the Springfield was smaller, a thin aluminum adapter plate would work just fine. The slider itself raises the table top 2" above the top of the pedestal.

Can the Springfield pedestal be infinitely adjusted, or are there set stops like the Dicor?
__________________

__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.