Under belly foam. - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2018, 04:58 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 towing with a 2019 Honda Ridgeline
Under belly foam.

I picked up my new 19 yesterday and am on my 2nd day camping. Everything is great, but to my surprise, there was no underbelly spray foam as I expected. When I initially asked for a quote, I asked for it, and it was on the initial quote, but never made it on the build sheet. I missed it and so did they..oh well. So I'm trying to decide if I want to get a kit and insulate it myself, or just let it go. I did get extra insulation and double pane sliders.....thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181106_165803.jpg (348.4 KB, 48 views)

the5reeds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 21 on Dec. 18!
If you paid for the foam could you just drive the trailer back to Escape and have them apply the foam?
Just saw that you said it never made it to the build sheet. Maybe ask what they would charge to do it now. They have the most experience in applying foam to these trailers!

rotorbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 towing with a 2019 Honda Ridgeline
No never paid for it. That offered to do it the next day for $800, but I was on a timetable, and couldn't come back. So now trying to decide to go back one day, do it myself, ...or forget about it. Would be interested in knowing how other feel about the benefits of the foam
the5reeds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:19 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 19'
We added the foam option to our 19' because we camp, hooked up to electric, heated water hose, heated water stanchion, etc) in the winter. The foam insulation reduces heat loss through the floor quite significantly, and protects the water line that runs from the driver's to the passenger's side of the trailer, in the raised area immediately aft of the kitchen.

If you chose double-pane windows and extra insulation to protect from heat loss, rather than heat gain, the foam would be helpful.
egraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:24 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Plus it protects the undercarriage from road debris, you are so close, compared to others (3000 miles away, thank you) that I would take it back for the factory to install and ask for the price on the initial quote.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 19'
We got the foam thinking it as a good underside protection.. since we never have a trailer before I can't tell you how it compares to.. I just know it's very quiet inside (no more being woken up by the birds in the early AM) and it stays cool/warm...
caddoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:51 PM   #7

Trailer: 2012 F-150 FX4 Coyote V8 - 2018 Escape 21
We have the foam. It makes the floor a bit more stable too, less noise, as well as the added thermal and sound insulation. I'd get the factory to do it later.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:51 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
We have the foam and find it worthwhile. Keeps the floor warmer in cold weather, helps keep the trailer cool in hot weather, helps to muffle loud outdoor noises, and protects the underbody from damage due to road debris. It also acts as flotation in high water events.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:42 PM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
If you search the forum there are people that have purchased sheet foam and jammed it between the frame and glued it to the bottom. A little cheaper and you can get the thickness you want. However it does not cover tanks and the floor over the tanks.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:32 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Warmer floor, quieter, protection of plumbing and tanks. I am glad we got it. I would do a drive back to Chilliwack if I were you, maybe combining it with a camping trip.

Bob K

Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote