Underglow - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2017, 11:06 PM   #61

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
... All I do is think back to what my parents thought of the music I listened too, and their complaints, and I try to be more open minded. Lots of great music being made these days.
One summer day in the mid- to late-1960's, when I was a young teenager working beside my Dad, we stopped for lunch at a burger joint. There was a jukebox with three plays for a quarter. So I asked Dad for a quarter to play some music while we ate. He was an old-school country/western music fan (Hank Williams, Sr., Roy Acuff, Patsy Cline kind of stuff), and after hearing me play "Wild Thing" by the Troggs and "The Letter" by the Boxtops (for the life of me, I don't recall the third song), he asked for his quarter back! What followed was a fun discussion of differing musical tastes. Good memories....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:47 AM   #62

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
One summer day in the mid- to late-1960's, when I was a young teenager working beside my Dad, we stopped for lunch at a burger joint. There was a jukebox with three plays for a quarter. So I asked Dad for a quarter to play some music while we ate. He was an old-school country/western music fan (Hank Williams, Sr., Roy Acuff, Patsy Cline kind of stuff), and after hearing me play "Wild Thing" by the Troggs and "The Letter" by the Boxtops (for the life of me, I don't recall the third song), he asked for his quarter back! What followed was a fun discussion of differing musical tastes. Good memories....
We still play Wild Thing around the campfire, led by my brother.

It was funny, near 20 years ago when out camping friends asked their then young daughter how she slept in the tent, and she said it was tough with was all singing "Wild Pig". LOL
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:20 AM   #63

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
Slip sinker with ball swivel as a stop and floating jig head and minnow. Started using a 4 inch streamer fly behind the slip sinker also. Also tried the 3 way swivel with drop sinker with trailing streamer fly. Havent been hitting for last couple. Try again later today before weather turns back to winter
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:27 AM   #64

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Underglow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
We still play Wild Thing around the campfire, led by my brother.

It was funny, near 20 years ago when out camping friends asked their then young daughter how she slept in the tent, and she said it was tough with was all singing "Wild Pig". LOL

Jim,

Don't mess with wild pigs!

Now that I'm a naturalized Texan, I have respect for wild pigs. They cause a lot of damage out in the country where we have javelinas and feral pigs. I've haven't personally encountered one, but I'm told they can be pretty cranky.

I can see why singing about wild pigs in the dark could be disturbing for young ears. I hope they weren't scarred for life!

Rich
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #65

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Rigging

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoke View Post
Slip sinker with ball swivel as a stop and floating jig head and minnow. Started using a 4 inch streamer fly behind the slip sinker also. Also tried the 3 way swivel with drop sinker with trailing streamer fly. Havent been hitting for last couple. Try again later today before weather turns back to winter
Thanks loads. I've used that rig with Fuzz E Grubs.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote