Want a better hub cap - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-25-2016, 11:26 AM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Lake Worth, Florida
Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Posts: 46
TireMinder model A1A. Don, the previous owner, had a set on Nautilus that he transferred to his new Bigfoot. He had a flat tire on the Escape once and said he would not have known if he did not have the tire monitering system. I already have a factory system in the tow vehicle which I like very much, so thought it prudent to get one for the trailer.

http://www.amazon.com/TireMinder-Tir...ilpage_o07_s00
__________________

__________________
Garland & Lou Ann
FlaGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:12 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Iowa Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Eastern Iowa, Iowa
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Posts: 2,384
And they look pretty darn sharp. What are you going to name her now?
Dave
__________________

Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:45 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGman View Post
TireMinder model A1A. Don, the previous owner, had a set on Nautilus that he transferred to his new Bigfoot. He had a flat tire on the Escape once and said he would not have known if he did not have the tire monitering system. I already have a factory system in the tow vehicle which I like very much, so thought it prudent to get one for the trailer.

http://www.amazon.com/TireMinder-Tir...ilpage_o07_s00
I see you have the 19 too . Are your wheels 14 or 15 . Maybe it doesn't make ant difference ? I hear you about the flat on trailer , my last trek to Washington , when I got home I had a flat on one tire . Do not know for how long . Another good reason for dual wheels I think . Thanks Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:17 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I see you have the 19 too . Are your wheels 14 or 15 . Maybe it doesn't make ant difference ?
It has been quite a while since Escape has used any 14" wheels, and I think the 19 Foot and 21 Foot have always had 15" wheels.

The fit of this style of cap depends on the number and spacing of the wheel nuts, which 5 bolts on a 4.5" circle for all Escapes; it also probably depends on the shape and length of the nuts themselves. None of this is related to the wheel diameter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I hear you about the flat on trailer , my last trek to Washington , when I got home I had a flat on one tire . Do not know for how long . Another good reason for dual wheels I think . Thanks Pat
"Dual" normally refers to two wheels and tires on the same end of the same axle, like a "dualie" pickup truck; a pair of axles is called a "tandem" configuration.

Tire problems can be caused by uneven loading, which tandem axles make worse, so it could also be an argument for a single axle. When a tire goes flat on one axle, the other tire on that side is then overloaded, so don't be surprised if that other tire fails, too. Again, not a problem for singles.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:05 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
It has been quite a while since Escape has used any 14" wheels, and I think the 19 Foot and 21 Foot have always had 15" wheels.

The fit of this style of cap depends on the number and spacing of the wheel nuts, which 5 bolts on a 4.5" circle for all Escapes; it also probably depends on the shape and length of the nuts themselves. None of this is related to the wheel diameter.


"Dual" normally refers to two wheels and tires on the same end of the same axle, like a "dualie" pickup truck; a pair of axles is called a "tandem" configuration.

Tire problems can be caused by uneven loading, which tandem axles make worse, so it could also be an argument for a single axle. When a tire goes flat on one axle, the other tire on that side is then overloaded, so don't be surprised if that other tire fails, too. Again, not a problem for singles.
Oh dear . Hope not . Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.