What are these options/modifications? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2015, 12:17 PM   #21

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeg View Post
Laura, we just purchased a 2014 21' several months back, and our first trip will be going to the rally in Osoyoos. And even though I have been following this forum religiously ever since, I still was not able to answer a lot of your questions. So I very much appreciated them and look forward to any of the answers. If you come to the rally, please look us up. We hope we get to meet you and hubby.

David and Bonnie
Thanks guys. I looked at several hotels on-line last night and need to see which day hubby (Dirk) can take off from work.

Which leads me to - how the heck can anyone find someone? Does everyone put their names outside their trailers? Completely clueless about this. Guess I should look to see if there's a separate thread on the rally (haven't gotten that far - yet).
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:29 PM   #22

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
Anyone know if there is a price difference to swap the toilet to a foot flush? Can't find it. Thx.
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Graphics:
Here is the graphics color chart for 2015, from ETI.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Graphic Chart.jpg  
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #24

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post
Laura,
If you're visiting the 21 owner I think you are, just take your list and go over all your items with him. He is exceptionally knowledgeable and will enjoy showing you all his modifications.
Plan to stay a good long while, and bring your camera or smart phone.
Bill
I don't know if it's okay to say who all I'm visiting, so I don't know if it's the person you're thinking of! Can we go round in more circles? HA!

Anyway, I plan to take the list, thanks for that suggestion. And my camera. As well as when I visit a 19' and the 5.0TA on Sunday.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them! Oh, and their owners.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:50 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
A lot of Escape owners have gone with the Umbra, so they must be attractive and practical.
I've gone with the 3M Command hooks. I like them because they can be removed and moved without damage to the surface. I started with white plastic and then replaced those with the brushed nickle ( except in the shower where they are still white ). I've put up hooks and then removed them because they didn't work as desired. ( for instance I had one on the side of the fridge above the bed, but found that I got tangled in a shirt hung on that hook while sleeping. OK for hanging a hat.
As they say about pictures ....

Thanks for posting, gbaglo, I appreciate it. Your photo and explanation really explains them quite clearly.

I like the fact they can be removed.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:53 PM   #26

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRINGOandTICA View Post
Anyone know if there is a price difference to swap the toilet to a foot flush? Can't find it. Thx.
Cost $60 a year ago.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:59 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by currinh View Post
(snip)

We raised the dinette in our 19 and its a pain after manufacture. It's an option that ETI will do and I suggest considering it. I don't think it can be combined with the cot option, but if you don't need that... Be sure to sit at the dinette of a 19 and see it the seats are high enough for you before ordering.

P.S. There is a fiberglass trailer rally in Bandon July 17-19. It's a good place to see other brands of fiberglass trailers if interested.

PPSS. You may be the only person to define their build list BEFORE deciding to purchase an Escape. This takes most people 6+ months after ordering. Way to go.
Actually, I didn't ask about raising the dinette, so not sure where that came from. I'm tall, but most of the length is in the legs, so I doubt I'd want it raised anyway.

I was *just* in Bandon as part of my month long rental. Stayed at Sunset Bay campground (wonderful location!) for over a week while a friend that lives in Coos Bay took me all over. We went there for a day. Be sure to visit Face Rock Creamery. I fell in love with their cranberry walnut cheddar cheese. I know, sounds weird, but tastes very good (to me, at least).

I have to get this all figured out before ordering. As hubby has said more than once, I will be using this rig for many years, so I have to be quite happy with it. If I'm not happy, he's not happy. And this way we'll know what the cost will be, instead of adding on the appx $6000 that one guy did after asking on this forum about options he should add (and was one of the threads I spent hours on yesterday).
Old 05-15-2015, 01:04 PM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Thanks guys. I looked at several hotels on-line last night and need to see which day hubby (Dirk) can take off from work.

Which leads me to - how the heck can anyone find someone? Does everyone put their names outside their trailers? Completely clueless about this. Guess I should look to see if there's a separate thread on the rally (haven't gotten that far - yet).
Not sure myself as this is our first time there, but our car is a black Toyota Highlander with our 21' Escape.
ddeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:05 PM   #29

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:

I have to get this all figured out before ordering. .......
Laura,
Just in case there's a mis-understanding:
You order first (Trailer model only), then you get to work on you build list until about 90 days before your Escape's hatch date, when you have to sign it.
We ordered last Nov., with a hatch date of Sept.; we've been changing stuff on our build list about once a month since then. We're finally ready to sign now.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:08 PM   #30

Thanks "Rbryan4" for all your answers! Greatly appreciate it. Everything I listed and the answers supplied by you and others are going into an Excel spreadsheet so I can more easily keep track of all this.

Whew! But exciting!
Old 05-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post
We like a single lever kitchen faucet with pull-out sprayer, and so bought one at Home Depot or Lowes in B.C. and provided it to ETI in advance. Keep an eye on clearance from the window shade protusion if selecting a single handle model. They would need to know well enough in advance so they only cut one hole in the Formica. Speaking of Formica, special ordering your favorite color is an option -- usually $100.
On the double sink, bear in mind that the second sink bowl means having more drain piping underneath, and losing precious kitchen storage.
Perfect, exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks for your answers, Bill and Earline.

Yeah, I saw I could chose my own formica and decided to ignore that for now. HA! I did see photos of one trailer with blue and was quite intrigued with that color. Love blue!

figure I'll go with a single sink and your comment on that helped with that decision.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
(snip)
12. Not having the range hood was mentioned. Why? The fan and light in the rental RV was pretty pathetic and I would always open the kitchen window and many times the door to vent out steam from cooking. The fan didn't do anything, so I could see not wanting it on there to save weight.

Had the hood before (non Escape), never used it, found the fan too noisy, didn't get one on the Escape. We find the Maxx Fan and the opening window do the job just fine, but then we don't cook much inside. ETI installed an extra light in it's place which I removed and put in a paper towel rack. Most folks do get the hood.
Thanks Bob! I don't think I'll get the hood.

See, the choices are getting figured out, due to all these answers!

Yay!
Old 05-15-2015, 01:22 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Graphics:
Here is the graphics color chart for 2015, from ETI.
Ding, ding, ding!

Royal or Impulse Blue, here we come!

Thanks for posting this.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #34

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Laura, keep in mind that putting down your deposit just secures your place in the queue for a new Escape. You are not required to have your options sorted out until just before your trailer goes into production. You have lots of time to make up and change your mind before changing it again.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Laura,
Just in case there's a mis-understanding:
You order first (Trailer model only), then you get to work on you build list until about 90 days before your Escape's hatch date, when you have to sign it.
We ordered last Nov., with a hatch date of Sept.; we've been changing stuff on our build list about once a month since then. We're finally ready to sign now.
Yeah, but wouldn't it be kind of nice to know how much you're spending so you can get it financed (if going that route) or so you don't get a heart attack from sticker shock (and then never enjoy your rig)?

However, I was kind of wondering why everyone was deciding what to get after they had already ordered one. So, thanks for clearing up that confusion (on my part).
Old 05-15-2015, 01:29 PM   #36

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Yeah, but wouldn't it be kind of nice to know how much you're spending so you can get it financed (if going that route) or so you don't get a heart attack from sticker shock (and then never enjoy your rig)?...
The range for a typical build will be from (Base Price $) to (Base Price $ plus about $10k). Hope that narrows it down for you.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:30 PM   #37

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Laura,

I think when you are considering options, you should at least give cursory thought to applying a "need" vs. "want" criteria. The stock trailer is fine the way it is, it's the big-ticket items that cost the big bucks (AC, front storage box, solar, etc.). For me, the most frivolous option is a digital thermostat. I don't find moving the lever on the stock analog unit too onerous. But I assure you that I am in the minority. For those that have them, they really love them. Think about what's important to you that you truly need (and can't retrofit yourself at a later date) and you'll likely stay with your budget.

- Rich
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #38

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Yeah, but wouldn't it be kind of nice to know how much you're spending so you can get it financed (if going that route) or so you don't get a heart attack from sticker shock (and then never enjoy your rig)?

However, I was kind of wondering why everyone was deciding what to get after they had already ordered one. So, thanks for clearing up that confusion (on my part).
One of the nice things about the order/ build process is that when we first ordered, we told them approximately what options we wanted. but as we changed our mind, Escape would always send us an updated spreadsheet with our current decisions and a price. So we always knew where we were money-wise. I am sure that we tested the patience of the ETI staff, but it never showed. They were very gracious and very easy to work with, including answering many questions that mostly showed I wasn't very knowledgable.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by currinh View Post
PPSS. You may be the only person to define their build list BEFORE deciding to purchase an Escape. This takes most people 6+ months after ordering. Way to go.
Yeah, well, that's the way I am.

Not very many people I know would rent a 32' motor home and then head out from Seattle to Sacramento and back along highway 101. By themselves (well, Lucy came with - she was a great companion on the road). Having never driven something that size before (well, I did drive a huge Ryder truck from Atlanta to Seattle years ago wadded full of inventory I purchased off an ex-distributor of a product line I used to sell).

I lost count of how many women told me they were amazed/impressed/surprised/whatever by what I was doing and how they didn't drive their rigs or even know how to hook 'em up.

Um, yeah, no comment about that! What happens when hubby keels over during the trip? Um, yeah.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:41 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I think when you are considering options, you should at least give cursory thought to applying a "need" vs. "want" criteria. (snip)Think about what's important to you that you truly need (and can't retrofit yourself at a later date) and you'll likely stay with your budget.

- Rich
Yeah, I'm aware of this, Rich. Have you been talking to Dirk?

He did agree cabinet cubbies instead of shelves (for overhead storage) was a good idea.

But, yeah, I know what you mean. Just teasing ya a bit.