Originally Posted by Donna D.
I've had a 1500 W cube heater cause a plug to get hot. I'd rather that not happen if I'm running a cube heater over night. AND, I've been known to have the Mr. Coffee brewing, cube heater running on high and the microwave running while it cooks my breakfast. I can get 250 feet of 12 gauge wire for less than $100. That seems cheap compared to a fire. But, you're the experts!
Donna, you would have no worries in this scenario with the wiring Escape uses. For starters, the microwave is on its own circuit. Worst case scenario, is that the breaker would trip. Unless like Barry mentioned, the plug or cord is likely the weak link, and in this case it would not matter what gauge wire was used. This is the cause of 95% (just a guess, though it is by far the vast majority) of household fires, not the wiring. As a safety measure, the breaker would trip long before the wiring was in danger.
If it would set your mind at ease, you could ask Reace, but not only would the wire need to be upgraded, but the plugs and breaker too. I assume because the A/C is 20A, that the circuits could be too.
Like I mentioned above, outlets in entire households, with only a few exceptions, are all still wired at 15A, just so long as there is no more than 12 lights and/or outlets on the circuit. Our trailers are small in comparison.
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (someday soon, I hope
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln