What is this U-shaped dinette you speak of? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #21

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Do you need 110V ( full service site or generator ) to run the TV or power the antenna? I'm trying to understand.
My TV runs on 12V or 110V. The 110V cord steps the power down to 12V before plugging into the TV. I can run it on the 110V in full service site or off the battery with the 12 V cord.
The bigger issue is current draw.. The newer LED backlit sets use very little power. My 19in uses 35w max at 120v. Less then most laptops. I've been running it on a 150w fan less (silent :-) converter that I also use to charge computers, iPads, phones etc. Reese installed 12v outlets front and back in my unit. I just plug in the inverter where i need the power at that moment. Tend to just run the the TV for just a couple of hours in the evening. In the summer the solar charging has the battery back up to 100%

Old 02-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burloak View Post
I just plug in the inverter where i need the power at that moment.
What type of unit do you have? Do you have a picture or model number?

Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Seems odd to convert 12v to 120v and then back to 12v, why not skip the inverter and just use 12v for your tv?
Old 02-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Seems odd to convert 12v to 120v and then back to 12v, why not skip the inverter and just use 12v for your tv?
Actually that would also be wasteful.. Lots of losses in those conversions unfortunately my 19 is a 120v model. $109 on a close out for a led backlit samsung with digital hd tuner.. The price was right
Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
check the voltage on the little black tv converter- if it is around 12-14v output then just use a 12v plug, it will work.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
What type of unit do you have? Do you have a picture or model number?
Tripp Lite PV150 under $30 on the Amazon US site, a little over $40 on their Canadian site. 115 reviews 4.5 stars. Physically bigger then some of the others of that capacity because it uses the aluminum case to dissipate heat without a fan. Keeps the evening quiet so you can hear the birds and the bees
Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
check the voltage on the little black tv converter- if it is around 12-14v output then just use a 12v plug, it will work.
No exterior converter on my set.. Just a 120 volt detachable cord.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #28

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Got a link to the mount your using for your application?
I'm using a Premier hang down tv mount. I have used one in two (including my current) Casita's for several years and they work great. My television is a 19" Element from Best Buys. It runs on 110 but has a separate power supply that maybe is 12v or some foreign voltage. I hide it all behind the tv out of sight.

I put a reinforcement piece on the inside of the cabinet and all is good. I don't even fold my tv up when I'm on the road. 6 years and no problems. I don't have any pictures but can take one if you want.

Check it out on Amazon. Sorry I can't send a link, it keeps taking me back to my own personal account page. I like you guys but I'll keep that info to myself!
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
I'm using a Premier hang down tv mount. I have used one in two (including my current) Casita's for several years and they work great. My television is a 19" Element from Best Buys. It runs on 110 but has a separate power supply that maybe is 12v or some foreign voltage. I hide it all behind the tv out of sight.

I put a reinforcement piece on the inside of the cabinet and all is good. I don't even fold my tv up when I'm on the road. 6 years and no problems. I don't have any pictures but can take one if you want.

Check it out on Amazon. Sorry I can't send a link, it keeps taking me back to my own personal account page. I like you guys but I'll keep that info to myself!
That's exactly what I'm looking to do. Permanently mount it at an angle high in the fridge corner out of the way. And have it rigid enough that nothing shakes loose during travel. I'm heading over to check out amazon now
Old 02-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #30

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
That's exactly what I'm looking to do. Permanently mount it at an angle high in the fridge corner out of the way. And have it rigid enough that nothing shakes loose during travel. I'm heading over to check out amazon now
Good deal. Seriously though, think about the rear corner. It's easy to move 110v back there and it viewable from most of the trailer.

I just checked with the manufacturer and they're on sale for $47 with no tax and free shipping!

http://www.premiermountsstore.com/in...netmounts.aspx

Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote