Wheel clamp is in place - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-26-2016, 01:44 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 EggCamper
When I was about 20ys old, I lived in a smaller but safe town but right on the main drag. I wanted to sell my motorcycle. I borrowed a huge cable from my dad with looped ends. You could tow a car with it. I wrapped the cable thru the motorcycle frame and around a telephone pole and locked it with a master lock - right by the road, then placed the for sale sign on it. I knew I could sleep well!

After 2 days I walked over to it to check on it. The lock was cut off and laying there on the ground. The motorcycle was there too. They stole the darn cable!!!!
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:22 PM   #22

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
What does that thing weigh and how easy is it to put on by one person?
Hey Jim, sorry it took a few days to answer. I didn't go out to fiddle around with it again until earlier today.

The Nemesis clamp is two pieces once you take it off the wheel. I don't know how much it weighs, but I was able to easily move each piece, as well as fling it up into the back of the Tundra's bed (tailgate down). It has a nifty carrying bag that's also bright orange.

Today I took it off and put it back on by myself. It's tricky (for me at least) to get it figured out as I'm not so inclined that way, not like my engineering husband. There's a bolt/long screw/whatever that you have to slide into place through a slotted hole and I was having problems with that (not to my surprise). But, I also know that the more I use it, the easier it will be for me to use.

It gives us much peace of mind knowing it's there for when we want to drive the Tundra, which is parked in front of The Trailer. We know it won't stop the most determined thief, but it will certainly stop or really slow down the others.

Just like insurance - you get it hoping you'll never need to use it for what it's intended for.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:01 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Hey Jim, sorry it took a few days to answer. I didn't go out to fiddle around with it again until earlier today.

The Nemesis clamp is two pieces once you take it off the wheel. I don't know how much it weighs, but I was able to easily move each piece, as well as fling it up into the back of the Tundra's bed (tailgate down). It has a nifty carrying bag that's also bright orange.

Today I took it off and put it back on by myself. It's tricky (for me at least) to get it figured out as I'm not so inclined that way, not like my engineering husband. There's a bolt/long screw/whatever that you have to slide into place through a slotted hole and I was having problems with that (not to my surprise). But, I also know that the more I use it, the easier it will be for me to use.

It gives us much peace of mind knowing it's there for when we want to drive the Tundra, which is parked in front of The Trailer. We know it won't stop the most determined thief, but it will certainly stop or really slow down the others.

Just like insurance - you get it hoping you'll never need to use it for what it's intended for.
Hi Laura , took a look at wheel lock and Linda likes it . We also looked at the one Rouse has . So that is what we are getting , yours .We live in a safe city according to the FBI , however the no goods come over here to our city ,all the time to steal . We want to keep our trailer . Thank you for the head's up on the lock . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:08 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Hi Pat- my name is Ross; but my dad used to say "geh raus"
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:17 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Hi Pat- my name is Ross; but my dad used to say "geh raus"
I 'm sorry Ross . Can you tell I'm old and tired ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:06 AM   #26

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Hey Pat, just blame it on your ipad's spell check! Works for me.

Let us know how the Nemesis works for you.

I know when I make these types of posts, not everyone will agree with our purchase (or whatever) decision. I also know we're very inexperienced in using a trailer, so I can't back up the decisions with many years of ideas/usage/whatever, which I know bothers some on this forum.

However, I want others to be aware of what's out there and it might be something they want to use. Or someone already has it and will say "hey Laura, great decision".

I've found out about many things via this forum that I never knew existed. Such as those blackout stickers to put over those pesky and super annoying tiny, bright LED lights on electronics. They're on order and will be delivered Friday. Yay! Thanks Greg!

And maybe the viewpoint/problems/situations/whatever of a newbie working their way through these things might encourage other newbies to think "well, if she can do it, I certainly can".
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:42 PM   #27

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Thought about you folks last night come 2 am. Headed south, spending the 1st night at a fleabag hotel in VA. When I woke at 2am I couldn't fall back asleep, all I could think of was someone ripping off my truck with the trailer attached. Now if I had the wheel lock, or some other way of securing the rig I could have fallen back asleep. Thinking if I hotel it again I might disconnect the trailer and put on the kingpin lock. At least they might just steal the truck.

Anyone know if the factory keys with chips in them stops crooks?
Old 12-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I find a couple of beers will put me back to sleep.... and why did you not sleep inside your Escape?
Old 12-28-2016, 04:02 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Hey Bob

Tonight when wake up you can think about the bed bugs from the fleabag hotel getting in your 5.0
Old 12-28-2016, 04:05 PM   #30

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
Hey Bob

Tonight when wake up you can think about the bed bugs from the fleabag hotel getting in your 5.0
Ouch. Ouch again.
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:01 PM   #31

Quote:
I find a couple of beers will put me back to sleep.... and why did you not sleep inside your Escape?
In hindsight I should have stayed in the trailer.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:04 PM   #32

Quote:
Hey Bob

It was bad, but not that bad. We could live with towels that were like paper towels and soap that was like the old Lava soap, but Deb had to pull the bed apart and check for bugs before we climbed in.

The security chain hanging by one twisted up screw told us they didn't have the best of clientele. By the way, avoid the Days Inn in New Market VA.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:55 PM   #33

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Quote:
Hey Bob

That was my first thought too!
Old 12-28-2016, 07:55 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Was able to trade a banked timeshare Susan inherited for a prime-time Marriott in Tahoe last January. The beds sucked! We're spoiled with our custom bed in trailer and politely decline invites when we are visiting friends.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:19 PM   #35

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Just got back from a week long holiday trip visiting friends and relatives. They all have guest bedrooms, yep.
I towed my trailer and slept in it every night, yep.
Slept well and late every night, yep.

Walt
Blacksburg, VA
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:10 AM   #36

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Sometimes when I can not go back to sleep inside, I got out to the Escape and lay down, right back to sleep out there....must be the fresh air??
Old 12-29-2016, 06:15 AM   #37

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Sometimes when I can not go back to sleep inside, I got out to the Escape and lay down, right back to sleep out there....must be the fresh air??
Escape to wonderland
Old 02-16-2017, 07:49 PM   #38

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 " June Bug"
we are in chilliwack picking up trailer and put the immobilizer on, so simple, a winner for sure.
crnelson is offline   Reply With Quote