Where did you mount the TV on your 5.0TA? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2016, 09:51 AM   #1

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Where did you mount the TV on your 5.0TA?

My TV lives in it's box next to the bed, pulled it out once and used it on one of those fold up outside end tables just to check the weather. Been thinking about mounting it on an arm somewhere but can't think of where it'd work best. I know the 2 popular spots are up by the bed on the door side where ETI puts them. and between the stove and the dinette.

Seems to me the one by the dinette would be in your face too much and the one by the bed can't really be seen from both sides of the dinette. Don't know that bed viewing would do us any good, when we had one in the bedroom at home all it did was put us to sleep.

So where do you use? can it be seen from both sides of the dinette? Are you happy with it? If so did you use any special type of arm?
Old 08-26-2016, 09:55 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
You're right about the bed mount Bob - can't see the TV from the drivers side of the dinette in our 19. But, we have the U shaped dinette and we can both watch from the passengers side. Having said that, we don't watch much TV except at night when we're in the bed anyway. So, the wall next to the fridge is the best location. As for the arm, we just picked up one for smaller TVs on Amazon - and we had that wall reinforced for easy mounting. A bungee cord around the mounting arm to keep it collapsed when we are travelling works well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2016, 10:33 AM   #3

I have the walls reinforce too so that won't be a limiting factor. Do you leave the TV attached when traveling?
Old 08-26-2016, 10:52 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 5TA/ *012 17B (previous)
We have one TV and two mounts in our TA. we never had any reinforced walls, but there is framing on the edges of the cupboards/ walls. We have one mount drivers side of the u- shape dinette/ fridge wall right on the corner. We shift the arm and move the TV more or less in front of the table. We can both watch it fine.
The one in the loft bed area , again is right on the corner on the passenger side, that is where we really thought we would use it, but never have - we use it in the dinette area. It is a relatively small TV 19" but it is fine because it's fairly close to us. We hook up a DVD player and put it in the drivers side cupboard overhead of the seat.
Works pretty well. We push it in the corner when not using it.
'Have No Regrets'
Chapitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:55 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 5TA/ *012 17B (previous)
Didn't see your other question Bob- we don't travel with it on, we just lift it off the bracket and have a piece of foam in the bottom of the clothes closet and put it there. We really never use it for short trips, but certainly set it up for our 31/2 months in Florida, we get almost 40 digital channels with the antenna for free....
'Have No Regrets'
Chapitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:58 AM   #6

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
We don't watch a lot of TV when camping but ours is mounted on the reinforced wall above the counter and can swing to be viewed in bed or from dinette (5.0 classic). It's true you can't see the TV from behind the fridge side of dinette, and I used to push the table forward and sit on the back of u-dinette, but we found Beth is quite comfy sitting in a lawn chair in the galley area while I am behind on the dinette side with the "view." With the raised floor I can easily see over her.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:58 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I have the walls reinforce too so that won't be a limiting factor. Do you leave the TV attached when traveling?
Yep. It's lightweight, and the mount is very secure. It travels no problem. But, as I mentioned, we strap it down against the arm so it can't extend when underway.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:28 PM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Escape mounted ours in the "standard" place on the edge of the right divider wall of the loft. We got a 24" Vizio, and when swiveled around, it can be seen reasonably well from the dinette area. We have yet to use while camping, but take it everywhere with us in the front storage compartment above the propane tanks. Didn't have anything else to store in there and it keeps it completely out of the way.
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:29 PM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
You're right about the bed mount Bob - can't see the TV from the drivers side of the dinette in our 19. But, we have the U shaped dinette and we can both watch from the passengers side. Having said that, we don't watch much TV except at night when we're in the bed anyway. So, the wall next to the fridge is the best location. As for the arm, we just picked up one for smaller TVs on Amazon - and we had that wall reinforced for easy mounting. A bungee cord around the mounting arm to keep it collapsed when we are travelling works well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Robert,

What is entailed in the "reinforcement" of the wall? Just larger cabinet framing material?

Thanks!
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:29 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016 5.0 TA
Have a 15" 12 volt Majestic with built in DVD. Mounted on drivers side on the wall next to refer. Jack outlet & 12 volt outlet are all located there. Hate messy cord etc. Have u-shaped dinette. Not interested in watching tv in bed.
Lorry & Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:39 PM   #11

If anyone has a chance to post a picture of the mount by the fridge I'd appreciate it.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:27 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Robert,

What is entailed in the "reinforcement" of the wall? Just larger cabinet framing material?

Thanks!
It's just plywood to fill the voids between the framing. 3/8" I think. Gives you something solid to screw into if you plan to mount anything heavier there.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Mounted on a tripod

We weren't comfortable mounting our 19" TV in either of the common locations in our 5.0TA. Instead, we attached part of the mounting bracket that Escape provided to an old tripod, which allows us to watch in bed or at the table. When traveling, we strap the TV to the short wall at the foot of the bed on the curbside. The tripod folds up to store under the dinette bench.
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV on tripod 1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	18661

Name:	TV on tripod 2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	18662

Name:	TV on tripod 3.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	18663
D&R_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:29 AM   #14

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
I mounted mine to the wall (at the end of bed) next to the right side of the one D&R M is show ing on the tripod. I put is on a swivel mount so I can watch it in bed or the dinette area, Works great for me. Mine in a 22" flat screen. I wouldn't want to negotiate the tripod when getting up ay night.