Wiring - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2018, 05:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Wiring

I tried the JVC stereo/dvd system on this last trip. Sound was really good in the small camper and the subwoofer worked well in the rear driver under seat storage. I had temporarily ran the wiring through the overhead cabinet handles so I could try different positions for the speakers so it looked like a bubba rig mixed with a rats nest. Before I run wiring I'm just wanting to verify that the covers in the corners can be removed by removing the plastic caps and unscrewing it. Running the wiring through the storage compartments should be a difficult task but I am a bit curious as to how the double paned bottoms in the storage cabinets are accessed without damaged.

Now before I do this I know there are 12V car systems that would work well that are both 1 and 2 din sizes. Can anyone point out an advantage of this except for the fact of using 12V vs 120V.
Snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy2 View Post
Before I run wiring I'm just wanting to verify that the covers in the corners can be removed by removing the plastic caps and unscrewing it. Running the wiring through the storage compartments should be a difficult task but I am a bit curious as to how the double paned bottoms in the storage cabinets are accessed without damaged.

Sure, they are removable which makes for easy vertical running of wires.

Not sure exactly what you're trying to do but generally there's a way to fish wires through spaces.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:54 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy2 View Post
Now before I do this I know there are 12V car systems that would work well that are both 1 and 2 din sizes. Can anyone point out an advantage of this except for the fact of using 12V vs 120V.
12v car systems are usually built robust enough to handle a few bumps going down the road. 120v, ie. home audio systems, are usually built to set on a shelf that doesn't move and don't handle bumps too well. Also, the 12v car systems don't require an inverter to convert the 12v available in the trailer to 120v.

The down side of using car systems is that very few have blu-ray but most current movies come out in blu-ray. Lots of DVD players - not so much blu-ray players. Oh well!