1 Exterior 12V Outlet 1) D/S by ext shower - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-19-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Campbell River, British Columbia
Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape
Posts: 11
1 Exterior 12V Outlet 1) D/S by ext shower

My wife and I had the opportunity to purchase this trailer once it was already built. It had all the modifications in its build sheet that we wanted plus more but there is one item that I am unsure of why it might be added. This is the exterior 12v outlet beside the exterior shower (you can see it just in front of the front access door).
Can someone please tell me what this could be used for or was intended to be used for. I can think of the obvious maybe a air pump etc but surely there must be other uses that haven't crossed my mind.
Thanks for all your help in advance and have a Merry Christmas!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frt_%20Driver's%20Side%20Ext_.jpg (118.9 KB, 59 views)
__________________

Nelsonjald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:27 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
C&G in FL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Posts: 1,430
Could it be to power a portable satellite dish? Is the trailer set up for both cable and satellite? If so, there would be two coaxial inputs.
__________________

__________________
Carl
2015 F150 2.7 EcoBoost (Big Spot)
2015 5.0TA (Little Elsie)
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
thoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Galesville, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Posts: 3,955
I plan to get one for just what you mentioned to power a 12V air pump for keeping tires at best inflations. Some people use them when sitting outdoor to charge various devices like phones, etc.
__________________
Eric (and Mary who is in no way responsible for anything stupid I post)

SAE Towing Standard "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:56 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Trailer: None yet...Dreaming of an Escape!
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonjald View Post
My wife and I had the opportunity to purchase this trailer once it was already built. It had all the modifications in its build sheet that we wanted plus more but there is one item that I am unsure of why it might be added. This is the exterior 12v outlet beside the exterior shower (you can see it just in front of the front access door).
Can someone please tell me what this could be used for or was intended to be used for. I can think of the obvious maybe a air pump etc but surely there must be other uses that haven't crossed my mind.
Thanks for all your help in advance and have a Merry Christmas!!
Congratulations on your new trailer!

Some friends who own a stick built use their 12V outdoor outlet for a fan. Hooking up a fan outside helps keep flying insects out of the area....very effective. (They set up a pop up shelter in front of or behind their trailer depending on the site.)

Have fun! Hope you will post updates here on the forum of your adventures. I am loving armchair traveling with forum folks as I am in the dreaming/saving stage. Thanks for sharing your good news!
__________________
Denise
A 17B is in my Dreams.
Winelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lompoc, California
Trailer: 2016 21' Escape
Posts: 5
Seems like it's on the wrong side to accomplish much.

What color graphics, looks good!

Greg
castlecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Chapitre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Trailer: 2014 5TA/ *012 17B (previous)
Posts: 393
We use ours for a cooler ...
__________________
Min D
Chapi II
--------------------
'Have No Regrets'
Chapitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:33 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Old Skool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Southcentral, Alaska
Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA Classic (Old School)
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winelover View Post
Congratulations on your new trailer!

Some friends who own a stick built use their 12V outdoor outlet for a fan. Hooking up a fan outside helps keep flying insects out of the area....very effective. (They set up a pop up shelter in front of or behind their trailer depending on the site.)

Have fun! Hope you will post updates here on the forum of your adventures. I am loving armchair traveling with forum folks as I am in the dreaming/saving stage. Thanks for sharing your good news!
Denise, that is one of two mistakes that I did make on my build sheet. I have a double 120V plug on the passenger side. Since we boondock 99.9% of time I need to replace it with a 12V plug to run the endless breeze on buggy days when enjoying a nice Malbec. Scott

Scott, Lori and a dog named Fritz

Fatbikes are FUN!
Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Campbell River, British Columbia
Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Could it be to power a portable satellite dish? Is the trailer set up for both cable and satellite? If so, there would be two coaxial inputs.

Carl,
Not satellite, just cable ready.
Nelsonjald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:41 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Mary F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Travis County, Texas
Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Posts: 618
Ours is on the curbside, and yes, it's to power a 12v fan (Endless Breeze).
__________________
Mary F Onward, through the fog!
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 02:11 PM   #10
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,658
Perhaps it is for an auxiliary solar set up?
__________________

__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
looking for help??

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.