17B Front dinette questions - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2015, 08:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
17B Front dinette questions

We are considering ordering a 17B and have a couple questions about the front dining area. Does the sliding table allow for easy entry and exit for average size folks? Do you find it to be dark on the street side with the bath wall to the right? Thanks for any insight or thoughts.
Tony N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B, 2011 Ranger FX4
We are above average (in size, anyway, saying so about other attributes might not display the appropriate humility <g>), and we have no troubles whatever getting around the sliding table at the front of our 17B. It's our dinette because we leave the bed made up more often than not. And neither do we have any feelings of claustrophobia or unpleasant darkness next to the bathroom or wardrobe walls -- provided we have the front window uncovered.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:55 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I try not to spill her wine when I slide the table to get in or out of my side. I think it depends on your ability to abide minor inconvenience.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:27 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
we manage quite well with the dinette. So long as we realize that we are in a 17' trailer not in a bus with slide-outs.

and I tend to sit and read on the bathroom side of the dinette while Liz hangs out on the bed. its actually kind of a private nook - not dark at all. when I am sitting there I don't see Liz and we pretend we are in different areas. FYI our marriage is doing fine we are celebrating 41 years married on August 31.

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
As the table slides, there is no problem getting in and out for me. I am vertically challenged (but not horizontally). As there is a window in front and to the left side (as well as behind), I personally have never thought about it. There is ample day light when the shades are open in the daytime as well as plenty of interior lighting. I've never felt uncomfortable; especially since ETI raised the benches to enable me to see out the windows better.
Ideally you could see one and try it out.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:17 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
Click image for larger version

Name:	non-wardrobe17B.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	294.8 KB
ID:	12671
Our 17B does not have a wardrobe. The bench seat goes to the door. So the one seat behind the toilet looks smallish in comparison. When I'm cooking I can quickly sit anywhere on the bench and don't have to worry about sliding the table.
When people visit they usually just plop down just inside the door.
I like the long storage under it.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:04 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 17B, 2011 Honda Ridgeline
Have you considered whether you want the "gaucho" bed or not. That narrows the table somewhat. We opted for the bed option and find we have ample room on the table for the two of us, but if you won't be using/needing a forward bed then opt for the bigger table. Having said that, in two years we have never used the gaucho, but still happy with our choice as we "have the option of a 3rd and 4th bed". Either choice has no impact on sliding in or out of the two benches.
bolerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:09 AM   #8

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I never sit in the front dinette I usually eat outside or in bed but I now keep it a s a bed it's like a little couch sitting area I like it better.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:10 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
We don't have a sense of claustrophobia in ours. The sliding table works well if you are careful not to spill any liquids which may be on the table while slding it one way or another. Seating comfort here as well as lounging in the bed is VASTLY improved with two of these cheap lounge pillows. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...09319e7cdb.jpg
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote