19 inch tv - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #11

tv mount

the best way to deal with the mount situation is to take the tv out of the wall mount and lay it on the bed . regardless of how well the mount is reinforced the constant pounding while travelling will loosen the screws and eventually it will drop off the mount. it only takes a minute to slide the tv back onto the mount. that is providing the tv has the capability of having a wall mount screwed to the back of it. this will allow it to slide into the wall mount very easily.

tmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Congratulations, Gabe! Welcome to the club. Hope we can see some photos.

float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 17B!
Thank you anyway. Your information & pictures have been very helpful.

Carol R
2002 Toyota Highlander
2013 Escape 15A!

2002 Toyota Highlander
2013 Escape 17B!
Carol R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #14

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
TV in trailer

I had both sides of the fridge cabinet re-enforced during the build of our 17B. I have a Sharp 19" TV but found it too big for my liking - the TV, when folded back against the cabinet would still protrude out. I purchased an AC/DC Seiki Lcd TV from London Drugs last year and find it's more than adequate for the size of the trailer plus it folds back completely within the depth of the cabinet. I replaced the mount Escape had provided with one I liked better. If, for some reason I needed to take the bigger screen, it's a quick change out. We also have the larger fridge so the smaller cabinet above it holds my Blu-ray player and other accessories. My husband finds this works great as he likes to sit at the large dinette and watch fly-tying Dvds while tying flies. I like that the TV folds back so you don't have to contort yourself to sit on that side of the dinette.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP2122.jpg (186.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP2121.jpg (154.3 KB, 17 views)
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Carrying the tv in a sterilite box

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorris View Post
the best way to deal with the mount situation is to take the tv out of the wall mount and lay it on the bed . regardless of how well the mount is reinforced the constant pounding while travelling will loosen the screws and eventually it will drop off the mount. it only takes a minute to slide the tv back onto the mount. that is providing the tv has the capability of having a wall mount screwed to the back of it. this will allow it to slide into the wall mount very easily.
When we picked up our 17b, Dave suggested we carry the tv in its box laying on the floor under the dinette/rear bed. That worked fine until I left the box with its open end facing forward, and we came down the pass on the north side of Yellowstone park. Somewhere along the way, the TV came out of the box and slid across the trailer floor. Luckily, the only damage was a few minor scratches to the bezel.

So we got a plastic sterilite box that is a bit bigger than the tv, and covered the bottom of it with some non slip shelf liner. Now it is safe on the floor (can't fall any farther) and won't slide around.

I used to have mixed feelings about having a TV in a camping trailer. A couple of rainy evenings on the Oregon cost cured me of that.

LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote