1st trip out... Fridge won't operate on gas - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2016, 01:50 PM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, propane leaks anywhere from the tanks to the appliance, was where I was referring to. There has to be some release other wise you would not have to reprime the lines each season..
Boy, if there are leaks at all, there are problems that need to be addressed. Leaks would not be a reason that you need to purge lines, as they would still be full of propane. The only time I have had to purge is after changing out a tank.

My propane goes on in the spring and the bottle does not get shut off except for going and refilling. Never had a problem, but make sure the detector is doing its job.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:52 PM   #22

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
I turn off my tanks if the trailer is going to sit for a while, like a month or more. Have not noticed any leaks.

When it sits for a month, the appliances start right up. When it sits for 4-6 months it takes a minute to get the gas flowing. I start the stove first.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:40 PM   #23

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Propane

We get things fired up in the spring before we go out for the first time and after that I generally leave the valves open until I notice a switchover. I take off the empty, get it refilled. hook back up and reopen the valve. Stays that waytill we winterize. If it's leaking, you will smell it. Worked for me for many years, doubt I will change now. Had a Chinese regulator leak on my 500 gallon at the house, you could smell it at 50 yards.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:22 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 17B, 2015 Highlander
Assuming success was premature

Well I guess I spoke too fast! The fridge (RM8551) has been on for several hours and has not cooled down at all! The burner was on and the area around it warm (hot) but getting no cooling. Not a particularly warm day here either. It worked while we we camping (on 120 AC) so this is a puzzle!

I saw on a video a technician cleaning a burner with "canned air" like you might use on a computer. But if the burner was dirty, it probably would not light... right?

Fred
fbalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:29 PM   #25

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Leave it longer, watch the freezer temp.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:32 PM   #26
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Ha, ha, ha, that is the reset button on ours which is inside on strip of buttons. I take it you do not have such a strip you use inside the refrigerator to operate it, as some of us do, far right for that button. So you may have a triangle someplace else. Or not!

P.S. I should not say reset "button" because it is merely a flat place on a strip that you push, just as for operating.
Now we feel silly (another word comes to mind). We thought the reset button was on the back of the fridge....see it on the strip. Dugghhh!
Old 07-16-2016, 05:03 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 17B, 2015 Highlander
Still no success on gas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Leave it longer, watch the freezer temp.
Tried a different approach. Left the fridge on 120 over night and this morning I switched it over to gas. The gas ticked and then lit. When I switched over to gas the fridge was at about 37F. Now eight hours later the fridge is at 70F. Water on the fins in the fridge. Checking outside and removing the metal housing around the flame I can see that it is still lit. In fact, some parts in there looked red hot. So obviously there is something wrong. Guess I'm going to have to take it to a RV tech.

Fred Alexander
fbalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:40 PM   #28

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
My RM8551 when on propane has just begun refusing to get cold. Works great on shore power but tests on propane the last 2 days have been totally bad, as in DOA-bad.

Got all fridge lights, plenty of gas, blue Piezo flame, but no refrigeration. Doing my best to not going nuclear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg piezo.jpg (71.3 KB, 22 views)
Old 07-20-2016, 06:48 PM   #29
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Time to get the big "D" model.....
Old 07-20-2016, 06:55 PM   #30

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
My RM8551 when on propane has just begun refusing to get cold. Works great on shore power but tests on propane the last 2 days have been totally bad, as in DOA-bad.

Got all fridge lights, plenty of gas, blue Piezo flame, but no refrigeration. Doing my best to not going nuclear.
Hi: MyronL... This is the first I've heard of a "Nuclear" fridge!!! Who makes it?
Sounds like a regulator problem or something clogging the gas line. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote