2006 17B need more information - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2014, 10:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 2006 17B
2006 17B need more information

I recently bought a 2006 17B and the previous owner did not know the tank sizes for the fresh, grey and black. Does anyone know? Also, the faucet drips, will I be able to find replacement washers? Unable to find brand name of faucet. And, the sewer hose is mounted on back next to battery and is short. Would it be best to mount a new one on front, behind the propane tanks, or in the back underneath the bumper hitch? Other than these minor details, everything works great!

riverplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
Welcome. Probably the quickest way is to call ETI. I don't know if changes were made between 2006 and 2009 , but my gray tank holds 20 gallons and my black tank holds 14 gallons. The freah water tank holds 20 gallons. BTW, my hose compartment holds enough for most if not all situations that I have encountered. Plus one can always get an extension.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #3

2006 has
Fresh = 20 gallons
Grey = 14 gallons
Black = 7.5 gallons
2007 has
Fresh = 20 gallons
Grey = 14 gallons
Black = 14 gallons

Probably has one of these Phoenix faucets
Recreational Vehicle

I wouldn't put a hose holder under the bumper, too easy to damage it going up a ramp. There a quite a few different ideas on how to change the hose holder, this is what I did on my 2006 17B.
Sewer Hose Holder, Replacement and Reuse of Original Hose Holder
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #4

Thanks for responding! The black tank is a bit small, but good to know what to expect. I've never seen 5 inch square pvc fence posts, but will ask around. I was wondering if a 6 inch pvc would fit behind the propane tanks in the front? I used to have a scamp with one located there, also don't remember having so much trouble pulling the hose out and it was full length instead of the short one in the back of the Escape. Also, looks like the faucet is washerless, so I can take apart and try cleaning before replacing the whole faucet. Good information!
Old 08-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
I've never seen 5" either. But, six inch square will accommodate a rhino flex 90 elbow with a little room to spare. Doubt it would fit in a 6" round PVC.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
We have an '05 17B with similar tank sizes (for some reason I thought our fresh tank was 19 and grey 12, but it seems weird that they would have changed those by such a small margin and not changed the black for the next model year). We've found that if you're totally off grid and have no other toilet to use, 3 nights is about max, so we bought an 11gal tote that we bring along for those occasions. It wasn't very expensive and definitely provides peace of mind on longer excursions in the boonies: Amazon.com: Tote-N-Stor 25606 Portable Waste Transport - 11 Gallon Capacity: Automotive
Old 08-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #7

That's a great idea, and much cheaper option than installing another tank, Thanks! Also, I'm assuming the inside shower drains into the black tank? Or does it drain into the grey?
Old 08-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #8

The shower drains into the grey! Showering in it is a bit tight, I'm 5'5" and it's easier to do sitting on the toilet, my 5'10" husband has never showered in it but he'd have to sit. The newer ones have taller bathroom clearances in addition to bigger tanks!
Old 08-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary View Post
The shower drains into the grey! Showering in it is a bit tight, I'm 5'5" and it's easier to do sitting on the toilet, my 5'10" husband has never showered in it but he'd have to sit. The newer ones have taller bathroom clearances in addition to bigger tanks!
To be clear, the bigger trailers and 5TA have larger tanks and more headroom. A "newer" 17 or 15 would not have anymore room than the older ones.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #10

I think they might have added an inch or two when they changed molds a few years ago? It says on the Escape website that the current bathroom in a 17B is 67" high, and my head just brushes the ceiling in our Escape bathroom when I stand straight. I measure 5'5" at the doctor's office like clockwork, much as I'd like to be taller!

Tags
faucet drips, fix faucet, short sewer hose, size tanks