2017 2nd gen. 5.0 T/A built with 3" frame not 4" - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-03-2018, 10:48 AM   #21
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
And I said it isn't? Good job reading more into what I said than what I meant.
Hi Jim,
I guess that is the point, what did you mean ? oh and I assumed you meant to say "BET" correct ?
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:22 AM   #22

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
And I said it isn't? Good job reading more into what I said than what I meant.
To be fair, I sort of thought it came across that way, too. I thought, why would they be hesitant? And I'll take you up on that bet, if you want to wager 1 beer to be provided someday around a campfire.
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:32 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
it's 3" tubing from there back to the rear bumper with bolts through the tubing (no angle iron) to attach the cabin in the rear part of the frame.
If you are using the hitch on the back, I would be watching those bolt-thrus and the area around the rear stabilizer mounts. Both put holes in the bottom of the rear rails and could be potential crack spots.

I'm really not happy with the way Escape mounted those stabilizers but it's kinda like spilt milk - nothing I can do about it now.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #24

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Hey all let’s not get nick picky here there’s an issue with frames n if they tell me anything I’ll report back let’s stick together here and help each other the way these forums are supposed please put the egos back in the closet ok please
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Hey all let’s not get nick picky here there’s an issue with frames n if they tell me anything I’ll report back let’s stick together here and help each other the way these forums are supposed please put the egos back in the closet ok please
It helps if you include a reference to the message your referring to. Is it mine or someones else's?

Sorry if I offend. With a background in engineering, I'm always looking for ways to improve stuff or mitigate potential fail points. Nothings perfect but that doesn't mean we can't try.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:32 PM   #26

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Hey TDF I was just saying in general ok not singleing any one out we all just need to be helpful on the forums so as to help everyone wether they say anything or not. There are potiental buyers that log on just to get info before the buy. If they see gripping g and such we possibly loose a potiental member that cab contribute valuable information and new ideas for the rest of us.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:30 PM   #27

Soon after I joined this forum, I was chewed out for not passing on stuff I found wrong with the trailer. My experience (and others) with Casita was that they really didn't care to hear of things that could be improved and I assumed that Escape was the same.

The point was made that if areas where improvements could be made were communicated, then Escape would listen. I found that Rease is VERY good at improving the trailers when stuff is pointed out to him. This forum has a wealth of expertise that visits and comments - that kind of knowledge base is invaluable to Escape as well as potential new owners.

This frame issue is a perfect example. A problem crops up, the forum discusses it, and Rease picks up the ball to get a solution. If I was in the market for a new trailer, that's the kind of company I would want to buy from.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:42 PM   #28

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
As a relatively new member and prospective 5.0TA buyer I find these discussions on the forum illuminating and invaluable. For sure there are far more posts singing the praises of Escape than mentioning problems, but it is the mix of both that makes this an honest and useful forum. I have learned a tremendous amount about Escape through the forum....enough to realize that I'm getting close to knowing maybe 5% of what there is to know. Fortunately there seems to always be plenty of folks here who know the other 95%

I continue to be impressed with the ingenuity of Escape owners, and with Reace's continual efforts to improve and upgrade the Escapes. I've never seen a company so responsive to their customers...can't wait to become one!
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:52 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Soon after I joined this forum, I was chewed out for not passing on stuff I found wrong with the trailer. My experience (and others) with Casita was that they really didn't care to hear of things that could be improved and I assumed that Escape was the same.

The point was made that if areas where improvements could be made were communicated, then Escape would listen. I found that Rease is VERY good at improving the trailers when stuff is pointed out to him. This forum has a wealth of expertise that visits and comments - that kind of knowledge base is invaluable to Escape as well as potential new owners.

This frame issue is a perfect example. A problem crops up, the forum discusses it, and Rease picks up the ball to get a solution. If I was in the market for a new trailer, that's the kind of company I would want to buy from.
TDF that's how most of us hope the Forum can work.

Everyone is going to have a problem sooner of later and most likely someone else here has already had something similar and can help. When that process breaks down is when the few folks who seem to love to be negative, then use the problem as an opportunity to bash Escape. The negativism contributes nothing to the discussion and doesn't help the person solve the problem. It baffles me what kind of enjoyment it could give one, but it unfortunately crops up regularly.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:32 PM   #30
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
I continue to be impressed with the ingenuity of Escape owners, and with Reace's continual efforts to improve and upgrade the Escapes. I've never seen a company so responsive to their customers...can't wait to become one!
Let's hope that's soon David. I think you'll be a happy customer. I know I am.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:45 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
When that process breaks down is when the few folks who seem to love to be negative, then use the problem as an opportunity to bash Escape. The negativism contributes nothing to the discussion and doesn't help the person solve the problem. It baffles me what kind of enjoyment it could give one, but it unfortunately crops up regularly.
Your right. What was I thinking by coming back to this forum after leaving it before because of "comments" such as yours. Since you posted this in the public forum instead of a PM, I guess you wanted to make a point that I'm not wanted here. So be it, I'm too old and have better things to do in the time I have left.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:49 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:50 PM   #33

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
This is a picture I took of the 2nd Gen 19 in the ETI showroom. I would expect it to be 4 inch from the front and 3 inch out back.
Attached Thumbnails
45AAE447-58D1-4881-9ADE-0657A9C2A1C5.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:50 PM   #34

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Your right. What was I thinking by coming back to this forum after leaving it before because of "comments" such as yours. Since you posted this in the public forum instead of a PM, I guess you wanted to make a point that I'm not wanted here. So be it, I'm too old and have better things to do in the time I have left.
I was agreeing with you, it was not in any way a comment about you. I'm confused as to why you would interpret it that way?

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:16 PM   #35

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Its called cyber bullying. Look up the definition(s). Comments that tend to make people not want to say anything that may be construed by a very vocal few as negative makes some folks feel offended or intimidated and not want to participate any longer.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:27 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Its called cyber bullying. Look up the definition(s). Comments that tend to make people not want to say anything that may be construed by a very vocal few as negative makes some folks feel offended or intimidated and not want to participate any longer.
Is it not more like these folks who are wanting to create animosity on the forum, and stir up what is otherwise a friendly place to share and learn, that are in fact the cyber bullies. There are some that show up only where a problem exists, and instead of offering help, just complain about the product. They know who they are, and so does most of the membership here.

I am not at all talking about Tom here either.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-03-2018, 07:55 PM   #37

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
The animosity occurs when a select few call out comments they deem negative to ETI. That seems to run counter to what many perceive as an ETI strength i.e. they digest the comments and make changes when warranted. Misplaced loyalty is not original to this mfg.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
I was agreeing with you, it was not in any way a comment about you. I'm confused as to why you would interpret it that way?
Sorry that I became offended. As you started the post addressed to me and then followed through with the comments, I could only assume you were chastising me directly and not some ambiguous person.

How about we get back to the OP's subject and leave all behind.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:05 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
The animosity occurs when a select few call out comments they deem negative to ETI. That seems to run counter to what many perceive as an ETI strength i.e. they digest the comments and make changes when warranted. Misplaced loyalty is not original to this mfg.
This is not at all what they (and at times myself) are doing. NOBODY denies that any of these problems exist.....they do. Eric's comment is about the few who take these opportunities to express there dislike of the way Escape does things. It has nothing to do with those trying to help resolve the problem. This is where issue arises. To me, the select few are those who like to stir the pot.

Crap will always happen, it is how we deal with it that matters most. A good example is Steve, who had the frame break and is a prime example of how to deal with these things. In his first post he exhibited frustration, something he had every right to do, this is not a pleasant situation to be in. He then buckled down to find a solution to his problem with a level headed approach, and achieved results.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:38 PM   #40
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Tom, I think you misinterpreted his comment. I think he was agreeing with you, not criticizing.

Edit: Disregard, I didn't see your follow up.