2018 21 Sink Window won't stay shut - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2024, 07:40 AM   #41

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
What does that mean "doesn't want to hear about them" ?

Ron
Just that - Escape Interim President ignored my email and UPS letter and paperwork documenting a water leak ongoing issue we have with our brand new trailer. I have no confidence they'll be responsive to the window issue and refrigerator door issue we've just discovered.
Gumpdad714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 09:13 AM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpdad714 View Post
Just that - Escape Interim President ignored my email and UPS letter and paperwork documenting a water leak ongoing issue we have with our brand new trailer. I have no confidence they'll be responsive to the window issue and refrigerator door issue we've just discovered.
I have been dealing with a couple things lately, one broken window hardware and the other getting a Springfield pedestal for my brothers trailer. I got very fast response on both accounts. They sent me a couple window hardware pieces though now they don't use Hehr anymore they don't need them. With the pedestal they gave me a price to supply much better than I could find elsewhere, even shipped to Calgary.

BTW, emailing a President rather than the support team is not the best way I to go I would imagine.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 11:56 AM   #43

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA The Glass Inn
I also have had issues with my Hehr awning windows. From day one they would rattle loose. Solved that with the pool noodle trick. Pool noodle cut about 1” thick, then cut across, wrap around the handle and it creates enough friction to hold things tight. The more serious issue that has crept up in the last year is the metal Rail on the window coming loose. I solved this problem by cleaning the metal rail and the window thoroughly. Then I got some VHB (Very High Bond) tape. I cut a piece of tape to fit the metal Rail and pressed it in place, then position it in the correct place on the window and pressed the two together. Held them together with spring clamps for an hour. So far they are holding just fine. I have had this happen to 4 windows. Hope you can solve your problems easily.
rmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 02:25 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I have been dealing with a couple things lately, one broken window hardware and the other getting a Springfield pedestal for my brothers trailer. I got very fast response on both accounts. They sent me a couple window hardware pieces though now they don't use Hehr anymore they don't need them. With the pedestal they gave me a price to supply much better than I could find elsewhere, even shipped to Calgary.

BTW, emailing a President rather than the support team is not the best way I to go I would imagine.
How nice it worked out for you - didn't for me. BTW, I only emailed and hard copied the President AFTER I was dismissed by the support staff.
Old 03-13-2024, 02:26 PM   #45

Thank you remitch
Old 03-13-2024, 06:36 PM   #46

Quote:
How nice it worked out for you - didn't for me. BTW, I only emailed and hard copied the President AFTER I was dismissed by the support staff.
That really sounds odd that support staff would not help. Since 2009 I have never had trouble corresponding with Escape. Having Reace's cell number when he owned it was nice, but even since then a couple days when they were really busy was all. Maybe try sending a message to Kosta here to see if there is anything they could do.

As you likely know Hehr was bought out by Lippert, the brand Escape now uses.

Here is a bit of an email I got from Nicolas in support. He had to do a search to find out this info. He is great to deal with. Dustin is no longer there.

------------
Monday - Friday: 8AM - 7PM (ET)
432-LIPPERT (432-547-7378)

Failing that, this is the link that I found in a short search for longer cranks

https://www.pellandent.com/RV-Torque-Window-Parts

-------------------------------
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-13-2024, 08:05 PM   #47

Quote:
That really sounds odd that support staff would not help. Since 2009 I have never had trouble corresponding with Escape. Having Reace's cell number when he owned it was nice, but even since then a couple days when they were really busy was all. Maybe try sending a message to Kosta here to see if there is anything they could do.

As you likely know Hehr was bought out by Lippert, the brand Escape now uses.

Here is a bit of an email I got from Nicolas in support. He had to do a search to find out this info. He is great to deal with. Dustin is no longer there.

------------
Monday - Friday: 8AM - 7PM (ET)
432-LIPPERT (432-547-7378)

Failing that, this is the link that I found in a short search for longer cranks

https://www.pellandent.com/RV-Torque-Window-Parts

-------------------------------
The link you sent will be very helpful, thanks. I've dealt with Nicolas, these issues were beyond him though. Gonna push my luck here - any advice for refrigerator door that keeps opening in transit. You were very fortunate to have dealt with Reace.
Old 03-13-2024, 08:55 PM   #48

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Fridge door:

Post 182 here:

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...-21759-10.html
Old 03-14-2024, 08:24 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
Thanks
Old 03-14-2024, 10:16 AM   #50

Quote:
Gonna push my luck here - any advice for refrigerator door that keeps opening in transit.
We, or any of a few others close to me, have never had an issue. We do ensure that we check to see if it is latched before taking off my pushing it tightly closed. No issues.

If you already do this I can only think there is an issue with the latch.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:41 PM   #51

Quote:
We, or any of a few others close to me, have never had an issue. We do ensure that we check to see if it is latched before taking off my pushing it tightly closed. No issues.

If you already do this I can only think there is an issue with the latch.
I've seen a number of folks on here who have the same problem. Yes, it's an issue since the door is latched before we take off, but opens multiple times during transit. Lucky me, the latch is clearly broken.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:51 AM   #52

Quote:
I've seen a number of folks on here who have the same problem. Yes, it's an issue since the door is latched before we take off, but opens multiple times during transit. Lucky me, the latch is clearly broken.
Not sure what year your trailer is. I know some folks with the older style fridge in the Gen 1 trailers had issues with it opening, fortunately we were not one.

In the new style I find it clicks quite positively. That said, I do carry a replacement latching part just in case.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:39 PM   #53

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Hi Grumpdad, I don’t know the model of your fridge, but you may have a latch like mine. The latch, just inside of the fridge door, slides back and forth. With the latch slid back, the door does not lock, but closes only with contact. When the latch is slid out, it creates a positive catch, and requires pushing the door buttons of the fridge or freezer to open. This is the only way we use the doors. Always locked and push buttons to open either the fridge door or the freezer door. Hope this helps. Cheers

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 04:06 PM   #54

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
Hi Grumpdad, I don’t know the model of your fridge, but you may have a latch like mine. The latch, just inside of the fridge door, slides back and forth. With the latch slid back, the door does not lock, but closes only with contact. When the latch is slid out, it creates a positive catch, and requires pushing the door buttons of the fridge or freezer to open. This is the only way we use the doors. Always locked and push buttons to open either the fridge door or the freezer door. Hope this helps. Cheers
That is the only way we use ours too. They've never come open during travel.

We also put fridge tension bars like these on the front of each shelf so the contents don't push against the door.
Old 03-17-2024, 10:07 AM   #55

Quote:
Not sure what year your trailer is. I know some folks with the older style fridge in the Gen 1 trailers had issues with it opening, fortunately we were not one.

In the new style I find it clicks quite positively. That said, I do carry a replacement latching part just in case.
I have a 2023 - brand new.
Old 03-17-2024, 10:12 AM   #56

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19'er + 2018 Highlander
To keep one of our windows from working opened, I cut about 1-1/2" off the end of some inexpensive black pipe insulation (purchased at Home Depot) and stuff it behind the window opening knob. It prevents the knob from turning, tho' doesn't prevent me from turning the knob when I want to open the window. Total cost? Not much.
EscapeBoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 11:44 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeBoulder View Post
To keep one of our windows from working opened, I cut about 1-1/2" off the end of some inexpensive black pipe insulation (purchased at Home Depot) and stuff it behind the window opening knob. It prevents the knob from turning, tho' doesn't prevent me from turning the knob when I want to open the window. Total cost? Not much.
Thank you very much. Much appreciated. Will try that.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:54 PM   #58
D&L

Trailer: 2023 5.0 (Casper)
Quote:
The link you sent will be very helpful, thanks. I've dealt with Nicolas, these issues were beyond him though. Gonna push my luck here - any advice for refrigerator door that keeps opening in transit. You were very fortunate to have dealt with Reace.
Our frig door was doing the same thing. The door was sagging, so the pin was not going up in the catch far enough. I found the hinge plate on the bottom was loose. I did a temporary fix by putting a wedge between the hinge plate and trim to push the door up. I later had time to pull frig out enough to adjust and tighten the hinge plate screws.

I hope this helps.
Dan
D&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:40 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamunique127 View Post
That is the only way we use ours too. They've never come open during travel.

We also put fridge tension bars like these on the front of each shelf so the contents don't push against the door.
Thank you. I used them in the medicine cabinet. I really would like that refrigerator door to just stay shut.