30 Amp Home Supply challenges. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-10-2017, 12:19 PM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
Some of you guys must live on the forum 24/7!
Its winter in the south and cold. We don't get out like you Canadians do. 4 degrees this past weekend was like taking a trip to the Arctic for us. We are just now thawing out.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
That's right, Tom. Ours came Standard from ETI in April '16.
Tammy just confirmed that a 30 Amp adaptor indeed comes as standard.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Not certain, but I think it is just when you get a starter kit. At least that was the case in 2009.
They are now supplying adapters to everyone in recent years and you should receive one. It was in the top drawer with some other items in our 21'.

Have a safe trip. Jasper is smartly staying home!

I really like that name, Jasper. It is probably common up there.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
They are now supplying adapters to everyone in recent years and you should receive one.

Have a safe trip. Jasper is smartly staying home!

I really like that name, Jasper. It is probably common up there.
I will add to the two I already have then. Maybe I will send one with my temp trailer when I sell it in the spring.

He is fine travelling, but that is pretty much all we will be doing, so he would be quite bored. I have now met only two more dogs named Jasper. He was born just outside of Jasper NP.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:19 AM   #25

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Is there a one-piece cord that goes from 30 amps to 15? I used an adapter but had it near the trailer and exposed to the elements, so it might be better to get a 30 Amp cord and then put the adapter at the inside end (in the garage or a covered outdoor receptacle.) I hadn't thought of that before but it makes sense.

I guess this is what I need but with a longer cord.
I have never seen a long one. Only the short adapter cords. Your best bet would be to make one as Jon V. has done.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:03 AM   #26

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I have never seen a long one. Only the short adapter cords. Your best bet would be to make one as Jon V. has done.
I just realized that if you don't have the removable power cord you would need to modify Jon's design to include a 30A female end to accept the trailer plug in lieu of the twist lock, but that still leaves a connection exposed which was your original concern. I don't think there would be much of a difference if you just used the adapter closer to the trailer. If you are concerned then just cover the connection with some heavy plastic and duct tape to seal it from the elements.

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-55343-Fe...mp+female+plug
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:25 AM   #27

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Is there a one-piece cord that goes from 30 amps to 15? I used an adapter but had it near the trailer and exposed to the elements, so it might be better to get a 30 Amp cord and then put the adapter at the inside end (in the garage or a covered outdoor receptacle.) I hadn't thought of that before but it makes sense.
Bobbie an advantage of getting an RV 30A extension cord is that you may occasionally run into power poles that are far enough away to need them. We generally always travel with one along. I have need extension cords both in Michigan State Parks and Ontario Provincial Parks.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Bobbie an advantage of getting an RV 30A extension cord is that you may occasionally run into power poles that are far enough away to need them. We generally always travel with one along. I have need extension cords both in Michigan State Parks and Ontario Provincial Parks.
We have used a couple times too, when we wish to position the trailer oriented on a site away from the service. A second water hose has been used too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:12 AM   #29

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
I don't think I would ever really need 30A anyway. But that would work to get the connection and adapter into the garage and out of the elements. But pricey and bigger to store.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote