5.0 - Electric Jack Maintenance - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #1

5.0 - Electric Jack Maintenance

Does anyone know what maintenance is required on the front leveling jacks (electric) of the 5.0? I've cleaned the exposed portion of the jacks and lubed with a light oil. I don't see any kind of oil port on the inside where the actual mechanism is located.

Dave
Old 05-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Re: 5.0 - Electric Jack Maintenance

Hi: Garand... Other than lubing the threads thats about it!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #3

Alf;
Dumb question of the day; "What threads?"
Old 05-12-2012, 01:16 AM   #4

Hi: Garand... Open the forward hatches, a/ where the control switches are and b/ the one behind the awning arm. In there you can see the threaded rods for the jacks. This is also where you can see the hand crank coupler as well for non powered jacking. I used some grease on the threaded rods as it seemed better than using oil. Sorry I don't have any pics. from doing this. Alf
Old 05-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #5

***slaps forehead with open-palm while crying out, DOH!!!"***

Thanks Alf. I have to extend the jacks oput so far for the slope in our driveway that I don't see the rods. That explains a lot.

Thank you!

Dave
Old 05-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #6

Follow-up:
I went out this morning and actually looked at the jacks. There is no threaded rod, and no way for any to be exposed. I suspect I have a different model that you have, Alf.

I went on the Atwood Mobile website and poked around there (where I should have gone in the first place). They say the jacks are maintenance-free and permanently lubed, so I will take them at their word and just go look for something else to lube/clean/tweak/adjust/modify/enhance or generally fuss-with.

Dave
Old 05-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand
Follow-up:
I went out this morning and actually looked at the jacks. There is no threaded rod, and no way for any to be exposed. I suspect I have a different model that you have, Alf.

I went on the Atwood Mobile website and poked around there (where I should have gone in the first place). They say the jacks are maintenance-free and permanently lubed, so I will take them at their word and just go look for something else to lube/clean/tweak/adjust/modify/enhance or generally fuss-with.

Dave
Hi: Garand... YUP!!! Different model. Mine doesn't have the metal tube just below the motor. Don't ya just love maintenance-free!!! Now if you could just be free to go camping whenever...WOW.
We had a great time in Ky. & Tenn. We only got as far west as Nashville before heading east to Townsend for the rally. Everybody there had never seen a 5.0 before. One comment was "When you drove in your trailer looked so majestic"!!! Alf
Attached Thumbnails
My Old Kentucky Home St. Pk. and 18 hole GC..jpg  
Old 05-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #8

Glad you enjoyed KY and TN...both beautiful. If you haven't visited the Smoky Mountains, they offer some great camping and scenery.

Dave
Old 05-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand
Glad you enjoyed KY and TN...both beautiful. If you haven't visited the Smoky Mountains, they offer some great camping and scenery.

Dave
Hi: Garand...Dave The rally was at Tremont Resort just outside of Townsend on the boundary of The Great Smokey Mnt. Nat. Pk. We drove up Clingmans Dome and with my head cold I couldn't even hear the truck run. 2nd. gear most of the way down and near deaf for two days. Boy the weather sure changes fast in the smokies!!!
The trailer is sitting outside beckoning...but I have to adjust the chain drive on the garage door and cut the lawn Alf
Old 05-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #10

We're heading out tomorrow for a three day trip. Camping near Mountain View, AR at one of our favorite sites. Its isolated, primitive and the campsites are along a great little creek in a deep valley.

Dave