5.0 TA Television mouuts - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2019, 02:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA The Glass Inn
5.0 TA Television mouuts

Question for 5.0 TA owners.
When we picked up our trailer in May we had not yet purchased a T.V.,
Escape did not install the T.V. mounts without the T.V.
We have the T.V. ready option in the standard spot ( right side cabinet in bed area ). We also have T.V. ready in the dinette area ( left side upper cabinet ). I bought two arms so I had the mounts to move T.V. back and forth. My question is where are the arms mounted? Are they on the edge of the wall or on the face of the wall? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

rmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
TV Mount

The mount supplied by Escape attaches on the edge of the wall between the bed and the closet or cupboard next to the door; at least that's where we mounted ours. Same as you, ETI would not attach the TV mount because we didn't bring the TV with us for orientation.
Its easy to attach it to the edge of that wall with the supplied screws and the TV will be viewable from the dinette or the bed. I think ETI says the maximum TV size is 22", but our 24" fits just fine and swings freely around to face forward or back.
Sorry, no picture.

padamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:28 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
The edges of the walls cabinets should have studs and that is where ETI normally mounts the tv mount. Unless you had a wall reinforced, I'd stick to the edges.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Ditto what the others have said - the framing inside the edge of the bulkhead walls is substantial and works well for attaching a tv arm mounting base with large screws. Here's a photo of the TV in the stowed position, mounted on the bulkhead wall between the bedroom and cabinet next to the door. When the arm is pulled out the TV can easily be turned to face either the bed or the dinette.

We didn't get the ETI mount - after trying another one that I didn't like, I found this one that has a couple of very handy features. It has a spring loaded pin that snaps into place when the arm is all the way back against the wall and locks it there securely for travel. There's a chain hanging down that you pull to release the lock so the arm can be swung out. The swivel joints are fairly tight - just enough play that you can easily move the TV, but snug enough that it stays in whatever position you place it in with no wobble - our old bracket required tightening down knobs on the joints which was a pain every time we moved the TV.

Here's the mounting arm: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We have a 22" TV - but that bulkhead wall is strong enough that you could certainly mount a larger TV if desired, as long as whatever arm you use fits that size TV.

We got a 12 volt TV with built in DVD player, and have been pleasantly surprised at the picture quality and audio volume - better than we expected for an inexpensive TV: 22" Skyworth LED 12 Volt TV DVD Combo SLC2221A
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TV1.jpg (94.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-23-2019, 04:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I had Escape install TV hookups in the loft passenger side, and at the front of the dinette upper cabinets near the fridge. I have a 24" Samsung and installed one mounting bracket on the bulkhead to the loft bed side and one on the fridge wall. The one on the fridge wall I wanted just away from the support board so sistered another chunk in when I had the fridge removed, real easy to do.

All that and we have watched the TV once in 2 1/2 years of owning as it is really only used when weather is really crappy and we are stuck inside. I am sure this will hit us in the future, it did one trip before this trailer.

We keep the RV and arm stowed except when viewing.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote