5.0TA Pantry Measurements - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
5.0TA Pantry Measurements

Carl... this is for YOU!

This was the ONLY mistake I made on my 5.0TA custom build. My Mr. Coffee will NOT fit inside any cupboard in the kitchen area. I asked for the pantry to have an adjustable shelf. Kim (at the time) said, no... they'd center the shelf in the cupboard. Big cupboard, thought I'd be golden. GRRRR. Mr. Coffee now needs to ride either in the coat closet or on the kitchen counter.

Boy, is that shelf in the pantry solid! It doesn't flex, bend or move.

So... if you have a tall appliance you want to fit inside the pantry of a 5.0TA... measure it! And have ETI put the shelf in the appropriate place.

BTW: these are MY measurements.. maybe a different 5.0TA would measure slightly different.

If you have any questions, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
PantryMeasurements.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Donna, thanks. My 4-cup Mr. Coffee is 10-inches tall. Looks like it will fit. Thanks for the measurements and the pictures.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
Site Team

Carl, the shelf in Ten Forward ISN'T in the center. More space up top than the bottom. If I was to do it over again, I'd let ETI know one of those areas needs to fit XXXX appliance.

I'm putting in rollin' shelves... AKA Tom and buying a shorter coffee maker! : http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...rage-3910.html
Old 11-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: Donna D... We have a no name plastic tray that our coffee maker fits into laying down. Carafe strapped in with two sided velcro. Travels well in the pantry and we use the tray as a manual dish dryer. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
Site Team

Alf, what I'm doing (storing in the closet) works... just kinda irritates me. I should have MEASURED!

"If I knew THEN, what I know NOW..."
Old 11-08-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Good advice Donna. Measure first.

We're going with a French press thermal carafe for the coffee. In fact we're going with the smallest version of every gadget we'll need -- at least starting out. If we find we have the space for a bigger gadget after we've lived in the trailer, then we can upsize.
Old 07-06-2022, 04:31 PM   #7

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, but I've got a question that's directly related and I figured it might be easier to add on than start anew. I would like to install a couple of birch plywood slide out shelves on Blum extension slides in my 5.0 pantry. Unlike Donna's, my shelf IS in the middle, I have 11-1/4" clear on both the top and bottom sections. I'd like to move the shelf down a bit so that the space below is about 1/3 of the total. My two slide outs would be located above the newly positioned shelf.

This is a long intro to asking...has anyone removed that middle shelf and repositioned it? I see 4 clips underneath holding it in place and a trim piece on top that looks to be held with brads. I assume the trim was to cover any sort of gap between the walls and the shelf. It looks like it should be a relatively easy job but I thought I would ask the question.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:37 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm not sure I would want slide outs in any pantry in any Escape. Being up high, the road forces are more extreme than down lower to the floor. Under the bed yes, up higher in the pantry,,,good luck!
Old 07-07-2022, 02:13 AM   #9

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm not sure I would want slide outs in any pantry in any Escape. Being up high, the road forces are more extreme than down lower to the floor. Under the bed yes, up higher in the pantry,,,good luck!
No problem having a big sliding drawer in the pantry as long as you add some kind of more secure latch to the door. I learned this the hard way....
Attached Thumbnails
Pantry 1.jpg   Pantry latch 1.jpg   Pantry Latch 2.jpg  
Old 07-07-2022, 05:43 AM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.....
Old 07-07-2022, 11:30 AM   #11

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
When I installed our sliding drawer, I left a 1/4” gap in front of the wire drawer but behind the cabinet face frame. A flat stick in that gap keeps everything in place.
Attached Images

Jwinfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I installed a lot of slide outs in my Escape, mostly of the drawer type. The heavier ones I did install a positive locking device for when travelling. I recently installed a roll out tray for our pot set under the sink and devised a way to lock it while travelling too. Others might want to do similar as side forces while turning can play an effect on staying closed.

I have no pictures of the latching devices I used, but they are all made from 1/8" SS rod and bent to fit nicely in holes made for their use. These are our two drawers for food.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote