6.7 Fridge Leaking Cold Air!!! - Page 17 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #161

Trailer: Escape 19 26/May/2014 Sold New trailer 2016 Bigfoot 25B21FB
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: markvt... Confirms my findings only more scientific. The flue behind the fridge is hot to the roof. That space on a dewy morning is always dry... so it's working as it should.
The bottom right corner of the door leaked a lot. I plugged the hole in the door and I have now added a strip of peal n stick foam along the bottom of the fridge cavity, behind the screwed on wood strip, to help with air intrusion from out side under the fridge. Doing all I can to stem the flow of cold air!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Hi Alf,
At the time these IR picture where taking my trailer was in 100% shade with the ambient temperature at 79 F . If you look at the target cross hairs you have 79 F inlet air and at the middle target cross hair you are already at 90.7 F then at the top cross hair you are at 101 F.
From what I see in these picture is there no way the Dometic 6.7 refrigerator will ever really work right unless you can lower the flue temperature down to at lest the ambient air temperature. I do not have the Texas fan option because I was told that you do not need it if you live in the North. I can tell you now that is 100% wrong these refrigerator should came standard with the Texas fan option. I am not blaming ETI I am just saying that now that we know there is a ventalation problem I would not sale any fridge with out fans installed on them.
Mark

Mark & Karen Van Tiem 2014 Escape 19 sold, Now a Bigfoot 25B21FB Travel Trailer
markvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #162
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by markvt View Post
Hi Alf,
At the time these IR picture where taking my trailer was in 100% shade with the ambient temperature at 79 F . If you look at the target cross hairs you have 79 F inlet air and at the middle target cross hair you are already at 90.7 F then at the top cross hair you are at 101 F.
From what I see in these picture is there no way the Dometic 6.7 refrigerator will ever really work right unless you can lower the flue temperature down to at lest the ambient air temperature. I do not have the Texas fan option because I was told that you do not need it if you live in the North. I can tell you now that is 100% wrong these refrigerator should came standard with the Texas fan option. I am not blaming ETI I am just saying that now that we know there is a ventalation problem I would not sale any fridge with out fans installed on them.
Mark
Exactly my thoughts. Have to move air across the backside to lower the temps there if there is any hope to extract more heat from inside the fridge........going to join in the experiments soon - pick up our 21 on in 2 days!!

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #163
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I had the Texas Fan option added to Ten Forward. Mainly because I didn't know WHERE I'd be camping 3 years from now and wanted to make certain I had everything setup for heat. I can see now, I made the right decision.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #164
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I had the Texas Fan option added to Ten Forward. Mainly because I didn't know WHERE I'd be camping 3 years from now and wanted to make certain I had everything setup for heat. I can see now, I made the right decision.
Most likely you did. I'll have to invent an Oregon Shroud to channel airflow across the fins. Along with your stove topper if you ever send me the dimensions............

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 09-02-2014, 08:00 PM   #165

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
We worked with Tammy a couple of weeks ago to finalize our build list. At that time, at least for the 21, the Texas fan was no longer an option -- it's standard.

Can't wait until mid-November so we can begin testing our fridge... :-)
Old 09-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #166
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpaddle View Post
We worked with Tammy a couple of weeks ago to finalize our build list. At that time, at least for the 21, the Texas fan was no longer an option -- it's standard.

Can't wait until mid-November so we can begin testing our fridge... :-)
Pick our 21 up Thursday - hope ours got included with making the fan standard!

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 09-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #167
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I'm hoping they can retro fit the early 21' owners who do not have the fans.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #168

Trailer: Escape
The fan, baffle, and insulation mods are interesting and may assist the heat exchange. But, IF the heat engine of the subnormal Dometic is insufficent, the refer may never be able to adequately cool above 85 degrees F.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:49 PM   #169

Trailer: Escape 19 26/May/2014 Sold New trailer 2016 Bigfoot 25B21FB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm hoping they can retro fit the early 21' owners who do not have the fans.
Jim,
I talked with ETI three time now by phone about retro Texas fan kits for my trailer .I was told by ETI each time that they where putting together a retro kit that we could purchase. But I still have not heard back from them .Maybe if some else calls or emails them about retro kits it might help.
Mark

Mark & Karen Van Tiem 2014 Escape 19 sold, Now a Bigfoot 25B21FB Travel Trailer
markvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:53 PM   #170

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
The fan, baffle, and insulation mods are interesting and may assist the heat exchange. But, IF the heat engine of the subnormal Dometic is insufficent, the refer may never be able to adequately cool above 85 degrees F.
Spot on. You can make SN fridges work better with fans, but when the ambient temps are high, all bets are off.