6.7 Fridge Leaking Cold Air!!! - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #71
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
I should open a website and sell the stuff. We have several 3'X4' sheets of it left over from a job we did. One sheet would probably fix 50-75 campers. Problem is it cost more to ship then it's worth.

Maybe Dometic will supply it as a fix someday already cut out.
If you have the material you could cut it to fit the smallest "if it fits it ships" USPS free box for $6. I'm sure people will pay you $10 plus shipping for a proven fridge aid. Heck, if you tell me what it is I'LL sell it thru my website!

I spent $70 on the Fridge Fan fix (plus shipping) and doubt it really works based on all the experience out there to date.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #72

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Its just 3'X4'X1/4 armaflex sheets. Heck if you want to ship it out I will mail you a couple sheets and you can cut 2" X 8" sections and ship them out to people. If you made a template of the center section (2" X 1.5" with 1/2" cuts in the corners) and cut out the cross piece you could sell them. The piece for the channel I cut was 5/8 X 3" and the fit perfect into the rod channels. PM me if interested and I will ship the material to you. I just don't have time to do a bunch of shipping.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #73
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
The Fridge Fan fix is still viable as it replaces the "D" cell battery fan which seems to always stop and it eliminates frost on the inside which also helps cooling. Plus the blue light accents the stock blue light, I like mine and intend to use it.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #74
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The Fridge Fan fix is still viable as it replaces the "D" cell battery fan which seems to always stop
I have one of the first generation cube fans that run on two D cell batteries. I can run for an entire YEAR on two batteries and they're totally unaffected by temperature. It's those that have the cube fans with the On/Off switch that have problems.

Sometimes getting the FIRST build is better
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #75

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Will you guys pul-eeze stop the nonsense. It ain't brain surgery to block an air leak. Go to Home Depot, spend 4 bucks or whatever on plain-jane window foam strips, or use a half-dozen cotton balls from your medicine closet, or just cut up an old sock! Case closed.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #76
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
Its just 3'X4'X1/4 armaflex sheets. Heck if you want to ship it out I will mail you a couple sheets and you can cut 2" X 8" sections and ship them out to people. If you made a template of the center section (2" X 1.5" with 1/2" cuts in the corners) and cut out the cross piece you could sell them. The piece for the channel I cut was 5/8 X 3" and the fit perfect into the rod channels. PM me if interested and I will ship the material to you. I just don't have time to do a bunch of shipping.
No need - Armaflex foam tape is sold at Home Depot in a 2 inch width by 20 ft or so for less than $10 (I've used it.) Folks could just pick up a roll and laminate it to the correct thickness.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #77

Trailer: 2014 19'
Sorry Myron but I have to call you out on the old sock. We wouldn't our food smelling like old socks would we?? : )
Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #78

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Will you guys pul-eeze stop the nonsense. It ain't brain surgery to block an air leak. Go to Home Depot, spend 4 bucks or whatever on plain-jane window foam strips, or use a half-dozen cotton balls from your medicine closet, or just cut up an old sock! Case closed.
Says the old sock.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:06 PM   #79
Site Team

Well I got a surprise tonite, I went out and removed my panel, guess what, mine is flush with no cut out slot for the lock rod. Entirely smooth under my panel?? I'll post a picture tomorrow, but until then did anyone else find a missing lock rod slot? Did they perhaps change the door, mine is absolutely smooth from side to side, top to bottom. I do have the bottom hinge slot opening which I encased, but no rod access?? Any ideas?
Old 08-27-2014, 06:58 AM   #80
Site Team

some pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1379.JPG (125.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1380.JPG (125.5 KB, 32 views)