A/C drain - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2014, 08:54 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
A/C drain

For those in the know...where does your air conditioner drain?
Is there a drain tube some where, or does it just go down the side of the trailer?

I was at storage yesterday and had the A/C on, then noticed the water running down my back window. No real problem, if this is the way it supposed to be...just means I will be getting some of cpaharley's rain gutter to put on!
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:59 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I notice mine runs down onto my head! This is when you have to lower the front end of the trailer when hooking up to your TV. First time this happened, it really caught my attention!
Old 08-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The water seems to puddle in the center of the right side roof and on ours ends up running down along the curb side rear window also. I recently installed stick-on gutter over all the sliding windows, so that should redirect the A/C condensate as well.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
I am a bit confused we were camping with Ac on for 5 days never saw any water anywhere . Previous camper it ran off roof . Where is ours going?
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #5

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
The amount of water really depends on temp and humidity. We just spent a week with the ac in use quite a bit and there was hardly any water from it. However in July when we used it was very humid and it was like a river running off the roof. It just all depends on how the trailer is leveled as to where it runs. Every trailer will be a bit different.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
? Did anyone receive an A/C owners manual from Escape with all the other manual/documentation. We picked up our 17b about a week ago and I was suprized that there wasn't any manual for the Dometic AC we ordered.

It seems to me that an owners manual would explain Vicki's water draining question.
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:14 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
The water seems to puddle in the center of the right side roof and on ours ends up running down along the curb side rear window also. I recently installed stick-on gutter over all the sliding windows, so that should redirect the A/C condensate as well.
Did you install the stick-on gutter to the window frame or the fiberglass gel coat ?
Old 08-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
Did you install the stick-on gutter to the window frame or the fiberglass gel coat ?
I put it on the gel coat after cleaning well with alcohol. I think the window frames have too much contour for the adhesive to work. I chose the black color so it looks like a wider window frame.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:39 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki A. View Post
For those in the know...where does your air conditioner drain?
Is there a drain tube some where, or does it just go down the side of the trailer?

I was at storage yesterday and had the A/C on, then noticed the water running down my back window. No real problem, if this is the way it supposed to be...just means I will be getting some of cpaharley's rain gutter to put on!
Hi: Vicki A... At least the 5.0TA has a definite slope to the rear. Our 5.0 used to run to the side and the drain slots under the awning rail. Then it filled the clearance light where it turned to algae. Just another bit of maintenance!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Off in the morning to Lake Erie area to visit family, so will worry about this when I return!
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #11

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
What Alf said, runs off the back and down the window on the TA. Just put some gutter above the rear window.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #12

So we were ok ?.it was in 80's daytime in California and trailer was very level . We just thought it was unusual .
Old 08-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #13

You're fine. There is really nowhere for the water to go other than lay up there in a puddle until it rolls off one end or the other, probably behind the curb side rear window. Ours seems to have a slight depression near the A/C unit in the side of the roof over the kitchen area, and a little water will collect there. I suppose it could even be evaporating as fast is it's accumulating. Also, some A/C units are designed for the exterior fan to pick up condensate and send it through the cooling coils for evaporative cooling, which may disperse the water before it accumulates enough to drain off. I don't know if Dometic does this or not. If so, you can sometimes hear it when it's happening. Have fun; stay cool.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #14

Thankyou!