A/C not as cold as expected - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-30-2015, 08:40 PM   #21
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshbros View Post
Unless you consider 85 too cold
Okay, not poking fun at anyone, but think about this... it's winter, there's a foot of snow outside, you crank up the furnance and get the sticks and bricks home to 85 degrees... NIRVANA. Fast forward, it's summer, it's 105 degrees outside and the A/C only gets your home down to 85 degrees and you're hot... in the hot summer hang a poster of it snowing outside, in the winter hang a poster of palm trees and beaches. 85 degrees is 85 degrees... it's a mental perception.

There may still be an issue with the A/C however...
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:55 PM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Seattle, Washington
Trailer: 2011 19' Escape
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Okay, not poking fun at anyone, but think about this... it's winter, there's a foot of snow outside, you crank up the furnance and get the sticks and bricks home to 85 degrees... NIRVANA. Fast forward, it's summer, it's 105 degrees outside and the A/C only gets your home down to 85 degrees and you're hot... in the hot summer hang a poster of it snowing outside, in the winter hang a poster of palm trees and beaches. 85 degrees is 85 degrees... it's a mental perception.

There may still be an issue with the A/C however...
I appreciate the perspective but I never heat to 85 in the winter. Such a waste when you can layer clothing and blankets. In the summer, there is only so much unlayering one can do

I don't think a 10 degree differential from the outside temperature is sufficient. When it gets to 110 that means sleeping in 100 degree temps. Anyone that wants to try that and turn their heat on then I say more power to ya'

Also, we are traveling with a toddler and it is more for him than us.

Don't you think an 11000 btu a/c should be able to cool a sliver of the square footage that a 5000 btu a/c used to cool in the heat and humidity of NYC?
__________________

bshbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:00 PM   #23
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,826
Chad, I wasn't poking fun, truly. Is there anything in the A/C users manual that would help?
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:09 PM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Seattle, Washington
Trailer: 2011 19' Escape
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Chad, I wasn't poking fun, truly. Is there anything in the A/C users manual that would help?
I didn't think you were Donna. I think I've come to the end of troubleshooting and the heat must be getting to me

I have tried all the options that this great forum has offered and I don't think there is anything else I can do to fix it. Very disappointing given our future destinations. I will contact ETI to see if they can make any other recommendations.

Thanks to all and I will update if I'm able to find a resolution.
bshbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:17 PM   #25
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,670
Has the unit ever cooled to your satisfaction in the past? If not perhaps it needs serviced!
__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:25 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Seattle, Washington
Trailer: 2011 19' Escape
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Has the unit ever cooled to your satisfaction in the past? If not perhaps it needs serviced!
The unit is less than a month old. We just bought the trailer and had the unit installed in May so this is the first real test.
bshbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:29 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
C&G in FL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Posts: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshbros View Post
I don't think a 10 degree differential from the outside temperature is sufficient. When it gets to 110 that means sleeping in 100 degree temps. Anyone that wants to try that and turn their heat on then I say more power to ya'o
Seriously, if all you are getting is a 10 degree differential, something is not working properly. My 11,000 cycles on and off and it literally feels like a meat locker inside when the A/C is running.
__________________
Carl
2015 F150 2.7 EcoBoost (Big Spot)
2015 5.0TA (Little Elsie)
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:06 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshbros View Post
Inside filter is spotless. I looked through the manual but don't know if there is an external filter that may need cleaning.
Typically, no; however, there is a condenser (a kind of radiator) which is normally visible from the outside, and an evaporator (looking the same) which is buried inside the ductwork so it's a little harder to get to. Both of them have air blown through them, so they can get clogged up which hurts performance. There is no filter for the outside one, so it can get clogged with stuff in the outside air (such as the fluff that some of the trees around here produce). Since the unit it new, it could also have some leftover packaging or something inside that is blocking the condenser or evaporator.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:18 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Los Osos, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Posts: 2,421
Argh- probably time to get in line at the closest Dometic service spot. Would Yelp 'em though.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:40 PM   #30
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Seattle, Washington
Trailer: 2011 19' Escape
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Seriously, if all you are getting is a 10 degree differential, something is not working properly. My 11,000 cycles on and off and it literally feels like a meat locker inside when the A/C is running.
That's what I expected. We were really excited that we would be able to cool ourselves from that kind of heat. I have to think there is an issue even though everything seems to cycle correctly.
__________________

bshbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.