AC/DC Refrigerators - Page 20 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2015, 02:15 PM   #191

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
......... By the time you reach the factory in two weeks may not be able to put in an order.
Santiago,
What Greg stated is important. Last year, we were going to wait until we visited ETI, but saw the available dates disappearing so quickly that we called ETI, and put in a deposit using a credit card.
If we had waited, we would NOT be picking up our Escape in two weeks.

dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 02:38 PM   #192

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
[QUOTE=Santiago;109192]

Years ago our food requirements was not an issue. Today our home pantry has a lot less in it and the refrigerator a lot more, There has been a food "shift" over the past few years. /QUOTE]

How true. Years ago, if we were heading out on the boat for a long trip, a case of tinned Chuckwagon dinners would do just fine. Now, as you say, our eating habits have changed.

Ron

Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:05 AM   #193

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - 2016 Ram 1500 Up for Sale Soon 19k mi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
How true. Years ago, if we were heading out on the boat for a long trip, a case of tinned Chuckwagon dinners would do just fine. Now, as you say, our eating habits have changed.

Ron
That's for sure Ron, when I ate wheat products packing food to go was easy, I used the refrigerator for SODAs !!!! When I look back to those days I realize where I went wrong health wise. Today I need my food cold storage device not let me down as the pantry has very little. And yes if need be it will be full to capacity every now and then without a care in the world. By the way, sodas were history long ago.

What type of boat did you own ? With so many beautiful lakes, rivers and waterways where you live I would think they are an important part of life. How nice.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:20 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Santiago,
What Greg stated is important. Last year, we were going to wait until we visited ETI, but saw the available dates disappearing so quickly that we called ETI, and put in a deposit using a credit card.
If we had waited, we would NOT be picking up our Escape in two weeks.
Hi Don and Teresa,

Very kind of you to bring that up, this is why I love the folk on this forum. They care about each other.

As a matter of fact I started to worry about that and looked up the ordering situation last night and we then realized that the 2016 17ft "ship" had sailed. We were ok with that.

This morning as Kim and I were headed to the construction site, our retirement home rebuild we are doing, we realized that we really like the 21 more. While on site, we studied the trailer storage area and found a way to fit it in. We are too cheap to pay for storage.

I called ETI 10am when they open and placed order and deposit for a 2016 21ft model, hatching 22 November 2016, 8 days before I retire !!!

During our visit in 13 days the DC refrigerator will be discussed. Stay tuned.

Thank you for your ordering advise, much appreciated.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:13 AM   #195

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
T
What type of boat did you own ? With so many beautiful lakes, rivers and waterways where you live I would think they are an important part of life. How nice.
I've owned several but the main two were ocean going sailboats, one I built myself. One had the NovaKool system. I bought the guts and built a well insulated chest fridge/freezer. It was great, wish I had a spare one to put in the trailer. The second boat had an engine driven compressor and a freezer plate, also in a top loading chest. It was used in very hot climates for years and it was so good. Run the compressor for 30-45 minutes a day and stuff stayed cold or frozen for a day easily. Not practical for a trailer though.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 02:21 AM   #196

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Congratulations, Santiago and Kim.
Sounds like the timing will be working out perfectly.

Now the fun part begins in earnest: Completing the build list, then getting more great ideas on the forum and imagineering how you'll use your Escape, then revising and updating the list (*), repeat,.... then..... you take a breath, sign it (maybe next spring or summer), send it in , and before you know it, it's time to take a trip to pick it up.

*(We changed our list about once a month from Nov. to May. ETI would say, "yes, we can do that", or "no, we can't", or "how about doing this". They just kept working with us to make it our special Escape plan. It is really fun.)
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:41 AM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Congratulations, Santiago and Kim.
Sounds like the timing will be working out perfectly.

Now the fun part begins in earnest: Completing the build list, then getting more great ideas on the forum and imagineering how you'll use your Escape, then revising and updating the list (*), repeat,.... then..... you take a breath, sign it (maybe next spring or summer), send it in , and before you know it, it's time to take a trip to pick it up.

*(We changed our list about once a month from Nov. to May. ETI would say, "yes, we can do that", or "no, we can't", or "how about doing this". They just kept working with us to make it our special Escape plan. It is really fun.)
Thank you very much Don and Teresa, the process is becoming more and more clear.
I am so glad to hear that ETI is so co-operative, I am know their are nice people.

Yes we plan on this being our last RV as we enter retirement and look forward discovering all the special little places and meeting people all over. All of North America, except Mexico and especially Canada, we want to see all of Canada.

This was not possible while working. It was so painful having to cut the fun off and hurry home on a Sunday, back to work Monday.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
I wonder why? Hopefully it isn't related to product quality or anything related to the business. Maybe Reace gets great pricing by using Dometic exclusively.
I think you are spot on Steve, there is no other reasonable explanation on why ETI is so adamant on nothing but a Dometic.

I am certain Dometic's favorable pricing structure requires volume, it would be detrimental for ETI to lower volume. For each trailer they sell, one Dometic has to leave the premise even if its still in the box. This could all be about a contract between ETI and Dometic, nothing else.

I would be willing to just take partial compensation much lower that what ETI pays for the unit so that they profit from the "sale" of a Dometic to me. I want them to make their profit on that one component of the trailer (refer) just like they make a profit on all it's other components.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:17 AM   #199

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I am pretty sure that in order to get the CSA (or other) approval, gas appliances must be installed and hooked up. When talking to Chis R, the fellow who did the nice cabinetry (and other) work in his 5.0 TA (I am not absolutely positive on details), I believe Escape had to rig up a countertop and install the stove to get approval, then Chris rebuilt the whole dinette.
They do anything they can to satisfy a customer. I think Jim has already given the answer.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:26 AM   #200

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Congratulations Santiago n Kim! I think you made a good decision with your impending visit to ETI to know that you are in the queue now for your 21. You will really enjoy it and the process. Reace, Tammy, and everyone we've been working with on ours are really helpful and very accommodating.

Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote