AC/DC Refrigerators - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #81

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
If you upgraded to a 21' then maybe they can install the bigger refer before the two halves are joined, like they do with the bathroom enclosure.
Yeah, see post #71. I still think that'd be an issue in building out the interior, even on a 21. The fridge would have to be moved around alot, and anyone who's done construction in tight spaces knows it's a pain in the *** to do that. If it needed replacing in the future, it'd have to be torn apart to remove it. Not a biggie I suppose if it was going to be discarded anyway, but then the replacement would be limited to less than 22" width again.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Wow, I guess I'm surprised and then I'm not. Getting the size right can be a stumper. Only by running back and forth between the 19 and the 21 did we make our choice. Anyway, enjoy your trip to Chilliwack and remember. Seattle traffic sucks. Skiman wrote to me something about white knuckles on 405. Loren
Yeah, flying into Vancouver midweek, mid day, then driving to Chilliwack. Traffic shouldn't be too bad.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #83
grc

Trailer: Four Wheel Camper
As Dometic and Waeco seem to be linked or Waeco is part of Dometic, it would be interesting to know how ETI would view installing a Waeco unit.
grc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
Maybe this will help. It is a listing of all the specs on Novakool units with sizes.

http://www.novakool.com/products/two...al2013_001.pdf

I noticed that the little brother of the R5810 model you were interested in is the R4500, 4.3 cuft and will fit. Take a look.
Steve, based on some of the feedback other folks have received from Reace, I think the NovaKool is a non-starter. That is unless, you want to install it yourself. I'll ask about it while I'm at ETI, but right now it doesn't look good.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by grc View Post
As Dometic and Waeco seem to be linked or Waeco is part of Dometic, it would be interesting to know how ETI would view installing a Waeco unit.
Worth a look. The CR140 is about 4.8 Cubic feet, and is only 20.66" wide. It's also Tropical rated.
From the Dometic site: Products - Dometic

And from the Waeco site, same fridge: WAECO CoolMatic CR 140 | My-Caravanning by Dometic GROUP
Old 10-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #86

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Worth a look. The CR140 is about 4.8 Cubic feet, and is only 20.66" wide. It's also Tropical rated.
From the Dometic site: Products - Dometic

And from the Waeco site, same fridge: WAECO CoolMatic CR 140 | My-Caravanning by Dometic GROUP
I noticed that it will also slide right into the opening made for a Dometic 4.3 and fit well...very slight trim work around the unit once installed; exactly the same width, 0.6" shorter in height and 2.3" shallower in depth...a perfect slide-in replacement for the 4.3.
"Want Some Ice Cubes?, "Want a Frozen Margarita?", Want a Jump?"
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:10 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Steve, based on some of the feedback other folks have received from Reace, I think the NovaKool is a non-starter. That is unless, you want to install it yourself. I'll ask about it while I'm at ETI, but right now it doesn't look good.
Please ask Reace what he thinks of Nova Kool and why. I surely would like to know since I'm considering a purchase.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:41 PM   #88

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Wow, I guess I'm surprised and then I'm not. Getting the size right can be a stumper. Only by running back and forth between the 19 and the 21 did we make our choice. . Loren
So on what did you pick the 21'?
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:45 PM   #89

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
Hi Jim! 2 extra batteries is only 130 more pounds in the trailer. I had 4 up front in the box and pulled 2 out to try boon-docking with only 2. I can put the other 2 back in easily. If I go with the DC refer I will add the 2 back but may put them on the back bumper to keep the tongue weight down. However, the rear bumper on the 19' is too close to the trailer to put batteries in a box inside the bumper outline. If I did I would cut the bumper off and move it back a few inches then reattach it with steel platforms inside the outline for the batteries. I would probably run 4 gauge cable back up front. I'm not too worried about balancing amp loads because they are normally so small, however, I would probably take the rear set of batteries offline when I ran my 2500 watt inverter.
Steve, the four batteries were not there when you picked up, were they? Were you actually overweight with them up there? Are you able to run everything on solar with them without a problem?
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:24 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Steve, the four batteries were not there when you picked up, were they? Were you actually overweight with them up there? Are you able to run everything on solar with them without a problem?
I bought the 19 with 2 six volt batteries and added the other two myself. The drawback is that the tongue weight goes up a lot. I ran like this for 2 years with 2 solar panels with no problem but I wanted to try to run without a weight distribution hitch so I took two batteries out and added heavy coil springs and air lifts to my Honda Pilot and it pulls the 19 fine and level (no sag) without the extra batteries. Adding the 2 batteries will add 1/2 of sag to the back of the Honda. I'll put them back if needed.