Air in plumbing - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2017, 06:22 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Air in plumbing

We just took delivery of our 2017 Escape 2019 and love it. The only issue we are encountering is that when we use water from our fresh water tank with the water pump the faucets run with constant air pockets and the water pump never shuts off. We have let the water pump and faucrets run for over 10 minutes and nothing changes. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Everything runs perfectly with City
water - we only have a problem using the pump.
markh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Until someone else pipes in (), here is another thread addressing a similar issue:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...ump-10717.html
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:38 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 19'
Have you checked whether filter to pump is tight?
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:32 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Have you checked whether filter to pump is tight?
Eureka!!! I unscrewed and then tightly screwed back on the clear plexiglass filter cover. This completely solved the problem. Thank you very, very much. Apparently the loose cover created a vacuum leak which prevented the pump from pressurizing the system.
markh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:32 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 21 replaced Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbhwisc View Post
We just took delivery of our 2017 Escape 2019 and love it. The only issue we are encountering is that when we use water from our fresh water tank with the water pump the faucets run with constant air pockets and the water pump never shuts off. We have let the water pump and faucrets run for over 10 minutes and nothing changes. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Everything runs perfectly with City
water - we only have a problem using the pump.
I had the same problem on my new 21. It was a pump adjustment screw on the top of the pump. Reese fixed it while fixing the hot water pipe in the bathroom issue. I think the pump manual you should have gotten with your delivery is incorrect with regard to how to adjust it. Suggest you send message to Escape for instructions on how to adjust. It has worked perfectly since adjusted.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:39 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbhwisc View Post
Eureka!!! I unscrewed and then tightly screwed back on the clear plexiglass filter cover. This completely solved the problem. Thank you very, very much. Apparently the loose cover created a vacuum leak which prevented the pump from pressurizing the system.
Sometimes they crack too, from either being hit with something or poor winterizing. Found this on my neighbors Class A motorhome when winterizing it a few years back. He couldn't figure out why he didn't have good water pressure on his last few trips. It was sucking in air like crazy.

Glad to see another Escape in NJ! Pretty rare out this far east.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:13 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 19'
Glad u were able to solve this issue. Why we are here.
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:23 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
We had what I thought was an air in lines problem, but it was actually that after several months of use and thousands of miles traveled, the pump pressure needed to be slightly adjusted.

The pump was making a machine gun like sound, instantaneously on and off again. What finally made me realize that is was not air, was turning on two faucets on full simultaneously and the noise stopped and the pump ran smoothly. The pressure setting was just barely higher than the flow capacity of one faucet fully open. With one faucet fully on, I adjusted the hex nut until the pump ran continuously.

One other tip, if you have the easy winterizing kit installed and you suddenly start getting a loud knocking when the pump runs. Look and see if the end of the flexible hose is banging on something in there like ours was. I just tucked in behind another line - noise gone.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote