Originally Posted by tractors1
"Nut" is apparently too short a word for the search function. What size is the adjuster nut? Somewhere I recall a statement the hitch came with a socket but no wrench - if true, what size socket wrench do I need to bring on pickup day....... 1/2 inch?
I just received my new Andersen hitch.
It came with a 1 1/4 inch aluminum socket, half-inch drive, to adjust the tension nuts.
You also need other tools to install the hitch:
- 5/16" Allen wrench (for the bracket set screws)
- Two 15/16" box end or adjustable wrenches (for the bracket nuts & bolts)
- Two 1 1/8" box end or adjustable wrenches (for the ball housing nuts & bolts)
- Torque wrench of at least 100 ft-lb capacity (the instructions call for 90 ft-lbs for the brackets and "approximately 150 ft-lbs" for the ball housing)
- Measuring tape (to help position the brackets)