Antenna Placement - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2015, 11:03 AM   #21

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
antenna for sat. radio

Twice I have drilled a hole through the roof of our Escapes, fed the antenna lead through the hole and used JB Weld to fill the hole and to attach the antenna to the roof. On the 19 I did this up front above the cabinet and then fed the wire down under the corner piece. On the 21 I did the deed just aft of the refrig vent and fed the lead into the upper cab where I also tapped into 12v. We stored our Bose speaker in the cab and could control the radio and speaker with the remotes, even from outside through the window. Now we use an old I-pad and a new blue tooth small Bose speaker that we can place anywhere, in or out and play our music or Pandora. The latest bill for one sat. radio was over $200, the last time I will pay that.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #22

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Re: Silicone adhesive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
It has many good applications (notice recommended for fiberglass) I use it to 'tack' and 'bed' things I would like to possibly remove later. And it's "green"

LIQUID NAILS Adhesive | Clear Small Projects Silicone Adhesive
The problem many people have with silicone adhesive is that they have heard or experienced a problem when trying to remove it. Time and patience will remove it. The fact that it's difficult to remove is a testament to its lasting strength.

Easily Remove Silicone Caulk without Chemicals
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:40 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
Good point especially because he'll be running coaxial cable (I'd guess). Here is the route I took. The 'fin' sticking up on both long sides doesn't hit the lid, just baffles the air. So I drilled holes and placed tie wraps - green dots and lines. Routing from my rear panels forward on the fin then swooped to the coolest corner in the box. Of course the red area is the flue area.
Klem,
Maybe I missed this in one of the threads...did you install that wire mesh inside the vent yourself, or was it OEM? Also, it appears from the photo that there's a fan close to the top of the vent...original or your installation?
Bob
Old 07-29-2015, 05:27 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
Klem,
Maybe I missed this in one of the threads...did you install that wire mesh inside the vent yourself, or was it OEM? Also, it appears from the photo that there's a fan close to the top of the vent...original or your installation?
Bob
The mesh is stock, it's stiff with 1/4"- square holes. The fan is the old "Texas Fan" installed by ETI but is now in the 'extras' box.
Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:27 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
I have an Escape 21 with the standard stereo installation, including a short rubber antenna mounted on the side near the roofline. ETI told me that it should be adequate for the FM reception we need when getting local weather reports in the mountains, but in our three trips into the boonies I found that it rarely pulled in the FM stations we were accustomed to getting in our previous trailer with a 3 foot whip antenna. I would like to know if anyone has installed such a whip antenna on their Escape. I found a recommendation for this antenna on a fibreglass RV forum. I don't need TV reception, but better AM performance would be a bonus.

Bob K

p.s. I was thinking of starting a new thread rather than changing direction on this one, but thought the moderators might prefer not starting another thread on antennas.
Attached Thumbnails
FM antenna.jpg  
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:40 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Bob,
I too suffer from poor reception with an inside antenna, I am awaiting a window mount set up and will post the results.