back up cameras - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #11

Trailer: 2013 19ft Escape "Eggy Sue"
Re: back up cameras

Thanks to all for the backup suggestions. Armed with all that info my backing can now go from "crappy" to "happy"!!!! Peter

2002 Toyota Tundra 4X4
peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 17B!
I too will be traveling solo and, though I intend on lots of practice when I pick up My Escape 15 in May, I still think I will want/need a back up camera system.

I was wondering if you would share the specific model #s and approx. price of the units you use. Did Reace install them? How are the cameras mounted on the rear of the car and the trailer? Do they have some type of cover to protect them from rain?

2002 Toyota Highlander
2013 Escape 17B!
Carol R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 17B!
Have you used the Swift Hitch for quite a while? Are you still satisfied with its performance?
I will be traveling solo and am researching which back up system might be best for me.

2002 Toyota Highlander
2013 Escape 17B!
Carol R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #14

Trailer: 2016 Tacoma Off Road, 2017 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol R View Post
I too will be traveling solo and, though I intend on lots of practice when I pick up My Escape 15 in May, I still think I will want/need a back up camera system.

I was wondering if you would share the specific model #s and approx. price of the units you use. Did Reace install them? How are the cameras mounted on the rear of the car and the trailer? Do they have some type of cover to protect them from rain?
The specific model I have is no longer offered by Rear View Safety. Mine came with a 5" monitor, not any of their current models. I was told that you can order still order the 5" monitor, but is is more expensive than the current 7" versions.

The closest to what I have is This with the Trailer Quick Disconnect option.

I found the 7" monitors too large for my RAV4 dash, and the mirror mount too small for showing any detail. The staff at Rear View Safety was very helpful - you might give them a call to see what they can offer that isn't on the webpage.

I purchased the camera system & mailed it to Reace - he installed it. Has worked great over the past two years, although the Quick Disconnect is overkill and a bit difficult to plug & unplug. That said, I wouldn't want to use the normal RCA connectors to plug & unplug the trailer.