Bathroom shelf. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014--- 19 foot Escape
Send a message via Skype™ to Mark and Pat
Bathroom shelf.

Any ideas for creating storage space in our "finished in July "19 foot Bathroom ?
Mark and Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic #7
Hi Mark, Pat,

Sally the first owner of our escape turned me onto the command brand of products:
the have a few bath items that might work for you:
Â*Command™ ProductsÂ*Bath Products
7th Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark and Pat View Post
Any ideas for creating storage space in our "finished in July "19 foot Bathroom ?
The Command brand of holders look like a great idea, but we found yet another solution. We had bought a bunch of expensive suction hook bathroom holders in anticipation of outfitting our 19's bathroom. We could never get the suction hook things to hold until we found the Lee Valley Suctions Hooks (see thread on http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...html#post47828)
We put one hook to hold our towels, another on the back wall over the toilet, and then hung this toiletry bag:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom Bag.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	5284 Personal Organizer Toiletry Bag, Large: Toiletry Bags | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

The neat thing about using this bag is that if you are at a nice campsite with showers that you may want to use, you can just grab the bag and head there with all your stuff. There is a separate smaller bag insert for taking just a few things if you like.

We try to remember to remove everything for travelling, but if we forget, the hook and bag seem unfazed by the move, which to us is remarkable
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:58 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennrose View Post
e, you can just grab the bag and head there with all your stuff. There is a separate smaller bag insert for taking just a few things if you like.
Yes, those bags are really handy. We have two of them. They've traveled the world with us, very convenient going through security, easy and convenient to hang up in a hotel bathroom temporarily and yes, they've done well hanging on a hook in the Scamp.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #5

I also have two bags stocked, one sits full time in the Scamp and the other is in the closet with my suitcases for travel w/o Scamp. Since my dentist supplies me with toothbrush, toothpaste and dental floss each visit, those are perfect for these bags.

If you can dream it, you can do it
walloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:24 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
We have spend the last four winters traveling in our Casita, and we have found the plastic holders with suction cups work well for soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc. However, we keep a small 'go to' plastic container with duplicate toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, and shampoo, hairbrushes, etc. for when we want to grab and go to the camp shower without packing everything up. We like to use someone else's water when we can! I also keep suction cups with hooks for times when there are no hooks to hang up towels that we use on smooth surfaces in showers, if there are any.
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:33 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
We have spend the last four winters traveling in our Casita, and we have found the plastic holders with suction cups work well for soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc. However, we keep a small 'go to' plastic container with duplicate toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, and shampoo, hairbrushes, etc. for when we want to grab and go to the camp shower without packing everything up. We like to use someone else's water when we can! I also keep suction cups with hooks for times when there are no hooks to hang up towels that we use on smooth surfaces in showers, if there are any.
We also have bath bags ready. Never thought of taking suction hooks to the showers. Will have to do that.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:03 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
My mother who was a seasoned RVer for years, told me to purchase a Christmas Wreath hook, the kind that goes over the door and to keep it handy, you never know when you need to hang a bag of stuff or even your towel at the public shower house...

I still haven't purchased one! But 50-75% Christmas sales are coming on Dec. 26.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:10 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Fabulous idea! Most showers have doors! I will add that to my bath the kit. Looking forward to seeing you again at Taidnapam.
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:24 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
Fabulous idea! Most showers have doors! I will add that to my bath the kit. Looking forward to seeing you again at Taidnapam.
If you're talking to me Carla Jean, I won't be at Taidnapam this year. Still working, vacation days are precious. I'll be going to the NorCAL rally in September instead. Bucket list!
Old 05-21-2015, 08:48 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
My mother who was a seasoned RVer for years, told me to purchase a Christmas Wreath hook, the kind that goes over the door and to keep it handy, you never know when you need to hang a bag of stuff or even your towel at the public shower house...

I still haven't purchased one! But 50-75% Christmas sales are coming on Dec. 26.
Awesome idea! Never enough hooks. Might be helpful at the sink too.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #12
Site Team

If you're cheap, like me.. I saw a DIY solution. Take a metal clothing hanger (like the kind you get from the dry cleaners) and bend it in half, twist the hanger hook around and now you have a hook you can put over the door and a hanger! Simple, cheap and free if you have metal hanger. Nothing to buy, nothing to worry about leaving behind at the shower house.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:13 AM   #13

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
This is a great idea! We use these bags all the time when traveling, but hadn't thought about using them in the trailer ... duh.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:20 AM   #14

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
If you're cheap, like me.. I saw a DIY solution. Take a metal clothing hanger (like the kind you get from the dry cleaners) and bend it in half, twist the hanger hook around and now you have a hook you can put over the door and a hanger! Simple, cheap and free if you have metal hanger. Nothing to buy, nothing to worry about leaving behind at the shower house.
And, if you have a certain type of door lock, you can also use it for when you lock your keys in the vehicle. Not that I know anything about that! Or how many times I had to ask to borrow a coat hanger. Or got asked to lend one. Nope, I know nothing!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote