I almost always camp at sites with power - so I rarely pay much attention to the battery (other than taking it out for the winter). However, last week I spent 5 days in a site with no power and became somewhat obscessed with checking the power levels
All was well while camping - and I expected that the 6.5 hr drive home would charge the battery.
When I got home, I checked the battery and got virtually the same reading as when I left my campsite!
- The fridge was turned off for the trip home.
- The trailer was plugged into the SUV and brakes, lights etc all were working fine.
- I checked for a blown breaker in the converter - everything looked OK to me.
- The battery is new (replaced late last fall) and all the terminal connections are solid.
I have it plugged into my house power now - so I'll see if that charges the battery.
Any ideas?? Could the converter have gone bad somehow? Is there any way to check it? Trailer is a 2006 so the converter is 4 years old.
A bad connection with the plug to the SUV? Sometimes I have to plug in/out a couple times to get the signal lights to work.
Electrically challenged in Portland, Anne H