Best way to temporarily winterize Escape? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2018, 07:58 PM   #41

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I still thing the best way to winterize is to head to southwestern Arizona! I'm not quite there, and here in New Mexico it was down to 34°F Sunday night.

That said, if I had to stay in upstate NY, I prefer to use air for the water lines (I do it twice at 45PSI), and enough RV antifreeze for the drains. Don't forget the outside shower & toilet.
I’m with you Jon! We are leaving Monday for a week in Ohio to visit the grand kids. Than its straight south. Will flush the pipes in the frist CG inTennessee, Got nervous to day, 29 degrees and snowing all day on the hill, supposed to go down around 20 tonight, so I ran some RV antifreeze thru the lines today. Even though I’ve got a electric heater running in there, I don’t want anything cracking this close to leaving. Will be in Tucson on the 20th. Maybe we will see you in Quartsite in February.
But tonight, the heck with the cold. I’m sitting by the wood stove in my easy chair with a cup of hot chocolate and a good big glub of Dr. Mcgilicuddys peppermint schnapps in it. Life is good!
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
But tonight, the heck with the cold. I’m sitting by the wood stove in my easy chair with a cup of hot chocolate and a good big glub of Dr. Mcgilicuddys peppermint schnapps in it. Life is good!
You have s wood stove In your trailer? Pictures please.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:01 AM   #43

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
No, I have the wood stove in my house. We haven’t left for AZ yet .Attachment 34799 only 30 degrees at noon time today but at least it’s not snowing today. Will most likely start it agin tonight. Maybe invite the Doctor again. Or maybe my Ole Grand Dad. Depends how cold I get bottoning things up outside.
Attached Images

Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:32 AM   #44

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Nice stove. when I had one in my basement in another house, it would heat the basement and first floor, but it made the 2nd floor freezing, spent many nights sleeping in the basement. Love the wood smell and heat feeling on the skin when it is cold.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:26 PM   #45

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
It isn't wood, but I'm waiting for someone to do a Dickinson Fireplace in their trailer. Adequate space to mount and route vent could be the problem though depending on the model. On the 19 the pantry/closet over the furnace could have the door removed and constructed with a shallower recess (false back) which puts the unit and vent out of the way. Propane line and 12V power right there to tap into. In reality probably a lot of gymnastics just to get a little better efficiency, lower noise and some aesthetics. Plus you lose the storage.

http://dickinsonmarine.com/product/n...p12000-heater/

rubicon327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:49 PM   #46

Trailer: 2017 F250
I have used both air and antifreeze. I prefer antifreeze as it is guaranteed to force out all water from every possible location. Unless you have another need for a compressor the antifreeze is easier to carry. You can order ahead at a big box and pick it up when you arrive if you want to. You can usually find it easily any way. If you do not have a bypass, put one in. They are inexpensive and very easy to use.
Little Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:41 PM   #47

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I concur. I can see antifreeze coming out of the tap. I can't see water not coming out of the tap. Maybe it's all out or maybe not. Giving my compressor and brad nailer to son-in-law as I haven't used it for several years.