Black tank rinsing - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
MyronL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Edgewood, New Mexico
Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Posts: 2,062
I'll add a bunch of ice cubes, take a ride, then see if everything came out ok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rid-x.jpg (101.3 KB, 19 views)
__________________

__________________
Myron
"A billion here, a billion there...add it all up and before you know it you're talking real money." Everett Dirkson
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Dave1, you might watch the 1st one they did, it describes the ingredients. He got so much positive feedback that he made the 2nd one linked to above.

Inside the RV Black Tank: Testing the Sewer Solution
Bob,
Had watched this one also. It was interesting how much the elbows he added in the second test effected the back flush ability of units tested. Seems like the sewer solution would be a good home unit, and you could get a good cleaning.
Thanks again for taking the time to post these.
Dave
__________________

dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 214
Great video, the guy had fun. I think an RV would have a higher solid percentage than what the sanitation lab folks suggested when the tank was first dumped but that is not to discount the great job he did.
I have the luxury of a very rarely used dump facility 2 miles from home so I can take my time when I clean the tanks, I don't clean them when folks are behind me in line.
I made an exterior monitor system so I can keep track of water level so I don't have to worry about over filling the tank.
A great thing about wands is you can clean the throat area of toilet and the pipe to the black tank, if you ever have to remove the toilet I think you'll be glad it was cleaned.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
7th Heaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: palo alto, California
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #7
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I'll add a bunch of ice cubes, take a ride, then see if everything came out ok.
Ice Cubes did i miss something?
__________________
7-7-7 Our Marriage
2008 A Daughter 2011 A Son Dec-2014 A Daughter
2013 Escape 21 2014 Sequoia
7th Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:17 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
7th Heaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: palo alto, California
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #7
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane View Post
Great video, the guy had fun. I think an RV would have a higher solid percentage than what the sanitation lab folks suggested when the tank was first dumped but that is not to discount the great job he did.
I have the luxury of a very rarely used dump facility 2 miles from home so I can take my time when I clean the tanks, I don't clean them when folks are behind me in line.
I made an exterior monitor system so I can keep track of water level so I don't have to worry about over filling the tank.
A great thing about wands is you can clean the throat area of toilet and the pipe to the black tank, if you ever have to remove the toilet I think you'll be glad it was cleaned.
The Tornado folk should pay that guy, now how badly do I want to dig into the under carriage Insulating foam to to do the install ...
__________________
7-7-7 Our Marriage
2008 A Daughter 2011 A Son Dec-2014 A Daughter
2013 Escape 21 2014 Sequoia
7th Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:19 PM   #36
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,658
The ice cubes act like the grains of sand in those hand cleaners that scrub your hands clean. like the sand, the ice will scrub your sensors and then melt.
__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 10,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The ice cubes act like the grains of sand in those hand cleaners that scrub your hands clean. like the sand, the ice will scrub your sensors and then melt.
And it allows the bacteria to play hockey.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
MyronL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Edgewood, New Mexico
Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Posts: 2,062
Re: ice cubes... : When on the road in the tank they will fly around at will, hopefully scouring as they go. Solid, benign, yet having a true lifespan shorter than a pupae.
__________________
Myron
"A billion here, a billion there...add it all up and before you know it you're talking real money." Everett Dirkson
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #39
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Forks, Washington
Trailer: Working on my build list
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Heaven View Post
The Tornado folk should pay that guy, now how badly do I want to dig into the under carriage Insulating foam to to do the install ...
I agree, that's a convincing demonstration. It also explains tank monitor problems better than anything I've seen before. Can the foam be repaired after being dug into?
__________________

WestEnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.