Buying a Ford F-150 - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #141

Trailer: none
Keeping all those in the paths of the fires in our thoughts and prayers. The good news is you can always "Escape" if need be!
Old 11-13-2018, 05:58 PM   #142

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Pat, glad you're home safe. I was monitoring county fire frequencies after the start of the Hill Fire. IC (incident command) ordered 5 fixed wing aircraft well before the fire closed US101 at Conejo grade, but the resources were in the north, so it took a while to fly in. W/in 2 hours, the order was increased to 10 aircraft, but by then the Woolsey fire exploded in size, so they shared.

As of Tuesday at noon. Hill fire (between Pat & us) is 90% contained, with most active fire in the mts. south of Thousand Oaks, but the big one, Woolsey fire, is only 35% contained, and winds picked up at dawn (40 mph). Winds now expected through Thursday.
Don thanks for the update ! Was kind old scared to unhook trailer . Having trouble finding exact info . Just having problems with air , eyes etc. and now the wind has really kicked up again . We don't have a lot to complain about though . Glad you and yours are safe too . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:00 PM   #143
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
So happy you're safe Pat. Those fires are truly devastating. The poor folks in Paradise and other hard hit areas - can't imagine.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:14 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
So happy you're safe Pat. Those fires are truly devastating. The poor folks in Paradise and other hard hit areas - can't imagine.
Thanks Robert . I know if you have time to get out ,what do you take ? If you and your family is safe but you have lost everything and I don't mean things but family pictures , etc. what do you do ? Linda and I each lost a child so their picture is the first save for us going in the trailer . We also made a plan who would do what but some didn't get that time. We have a lot to be thankful for today . Pat
Old 11-13-2018, 10:51 PM   #145

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Glad to hear ur OK Pat.
Having one fire evacuation in our Escape under our belt, your thoughts about the decision process brought back memories of our loading the truck n camper with what we deemed we could take and heading off to a campground out of the fires path.
So many are not going to be returning to much if anything left and the death toll is rising daily, just tragic.
Prayers to all who are affected in rebuilding their lives and recovering from their loss.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #146

Trailer: none
Mandatory fire evacuations can come suddenly in wildland fire areas such as where we live (Tehachapi mountains). As such, we have a list of items (with locations) to gather up quickly if need be. We update the list every year. We almost had to evacuate in the summer of 2016 which is what prompted us to create such a list.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:30 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Glad to hear ur OK Pat.
Having one fire evacuation in our Escape under our belt, your thoughts about the decision process brought back memories of our loading the truck n camper with what we deemed we could take and heading off to a campground out of the fires path.
So many are not going to be returning to much if anything left and the death toll is rising daily, just tragic.
Prayers to all who are affected in rebuilding their lives and recovering from their loss.
Thankyou Greg. Pat
Old 11-14-2018, 11:34 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
Mandatory fire evacuations can come suddenly in wildland fire areas such as where we live (Tehachapi mountains). As such, we have a list of items (with locations) to gather up quickly if need be. We update the list every year. We almost had to evacuate in the summer of 2016 which is what prompted us to create such a list.
Your post got us thinking ,we should also make our list too to follow . Even though we have talked about what we each are responsible for , I am sure in the moment it will be hard to think . Pat
Old 11-14-2018, 09:35 PM   #149

Anyone hear from Take a Hike? , Mary . They bought a 21 and lived in Thousand Oaks . Pat
Old 11-14-2018, 11:56 PM   #150

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Anyone hear from Take a Hike? , Mary . They bought a 21 and lived in Thousand Oaks . Pat

Their last post was in August; they're not regular posters. There were almost no damaged homes in Thousand Oaks (100,000 pop.), so I'm guessing they're OK.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:55 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Their last post was in August; they're not regular posters. There were almost no damaged homes in Thousand Oaks (100,000 pop.), so I'm guessing they're OK.
Thanks Don . I sure hope so . Pat
Old 11-15-2018, 01:08 AM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Thanks Don . I sure hope so . Pat
Don just watching news and around Hillcrest Drive lost homes . Pat
Old 12-01-2018, 12:19 PM   #153

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
The long wait is over. The drive home was different. Never had so many buttons to push. Guess I'll actually have to read the manual.

Gertie isn't too sure about her new travelling berth but I know within a few minutes of heading off she'll be buried snugly under her blankets.

First project today is to get the box cover installed and also the hold down brackets in the box.

I have to decide if I want the maintenance package, oil changes etc. for 100,000 km for $2600. Always done my own and I'm not really convinced that I'd come out ahead. On the other hand maybe it'd be nice not to have hot oil running down my arm.

Also I'm sitting on the fence about the extended warranty. I've always declined such situations but there are so many electronic items that maybe it'd be a good idea. I'll have to sleep on it, or procrastinate, depending on your point of view.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0005_resize.JPG   IMGP0006_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:31 PM   #154

Trailer: 2018 21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I have to decide if I want the maintenance package, oil changes etc. for 100,000 km for $2600. Always done my own and I'm not really convinced that I'd come out ahead. On the other hand maybe it'd be nice not to have hot oil running down my arm.

Also I'm sitting on the fence about the extended warranty. I've always declined such situations but there are so many electronic items that maybe it'd be a good idea. I'll have to sleep on it, or procrastinate, depending on your point of view.

Congratulations!

I skipped the maintenance package and did the extended warranty. I guess I still trust Toyota/Honda long term quality more than most other companies. But I may just be a little behind the times. YMMV.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:38 PM   #155
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Congrats Ron, I know it was a long wait. What are your first impressions having driven it for a bit? Mine were quiet, smooth and powerful.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:41 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
The long wait is over. The drive home was different. Never had so many buttons to push. Guess I'll actually have to read the manual.

Gertie isn't too sure about her new travelling berth but I know within a few minutes of heading off she'll be buried snugly under her blankets.

First project today is to get the box cover installed and also the hold down brackets in the box.

Ron
WOW! Your styling Ron ! Congratulations! Pat
Old 12-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #157

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
I just bought a new F150 and upon my brothers recommendation I bought an extended warranty through Flood Ford. They are a dealership in RI and sell packages online. (Easy to find via google, search for floodfordesp) It was 30% less than my local dealer’s cost. I don’t know if they sell into Canada but it’s worth checking out.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #158

Trailer: 2016 21' Classic
So is Gertie!!!!! What a cutie
titanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:03 PM   #159

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
I don’t know if they sell into Canada but it’s worth checking out.
I bought one with my truck for just over $2,000 CAD, which covers all routine suggested maintenance up to 100,000 km, including servicing, brakes, hoses, wipers, etc. Plus it is valid anywhere in North America. I have had servicing done twice is the US now.

It was recommended by the dealer's finance guy to make sure I took it in for the works just before it expires. Dealerships get paid by Ford, so are eager to oblige.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:20 PM   #160

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I bought one with my truck for just over $2,000 CAD, which covers all routine suggested maintenance up to 100,000 km, including servicing, brakes, hoses, wipers, etc. Plus it is valid anywhere in North America. I have had servicing done twice is the US now.

It was recommended by the dealer's finance guy to make sure I took it in for the works just before it expires. Dealerships get paid by Ford, so are eager to oblige.
Not as eager as you may think. They won't replace the spark plugs before 96k, just had mine in and asked them to pull a plug to check, gap was OK, but they charged me $28 with tax to do that since it's not part of the "regular" maintenance. We've got oil changes done on ours in US and twice in ON and this week was not at our dealer as was meeting people for the day elsewhere and so took it there. It is a handy plan, but... I asked them to change the wipers too, they said they were OK and did not. I think I had them changed once. Note the "average" number of changes for the 100k is "seven" as shown on the sheet the finance manager had. Now at 62k, so I certainly won't get anywhere close. Note the agreement says they'll change stuff "if required"

Ron, congrats on the F150. The blue is just what I want on our next one, will match the trailer graphics.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote