Camp Chef Ranger II Two-Burner Stove - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2017, 02:38 PM   #61

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Jim, where do you store the stove for travel?
On the floor in the back seat of the truck, but don't really like that solution.

One thing I am considering doing, is to build a custom storage box for the back of the trailer our of aluminum. My thoughts at this time are to be near full width of the bumper, 20" deep (front to back) which will hold the Outland Firebowl easily, and be about 20-24" tall. I could put the stove and BBQ in their. Right now my BBQ is in the front storage, but it leaves no room for the stove. It would have swing doors to the rear so I could mount bike racks on the top. The bikes would block a bit of the view from the rear window is the biggest drawback, but most times would be dismounted anyway. Still a thought in the early stages though, lots more thinking to do.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:51 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddoster View Post
someone on the forum posted about the sterilite modular stackers, the 10 gallon/38L one fits perfectly.. and went in the 19' rear hatch fine too.

found the thread -

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...view-6682.html
I had forgotten about that, thanks. I have a 30L Serlite, which is too small.

I am using a 29.3L Rubbermaid Roughneck, of which I like the quality better than Serlite, but it is just a tad too small.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-15-2017, 02:53 PM   #63

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Jim, where do you store the stove for travel?
I'm not Jim..... but fwiiw.... i found a plastic bin that *just* hold the stove, upside down,

complete with it's attached QC 90 degree, and fittings... all in place...

in it's original packing foam lid (only) with front handles on the stove.... tucked in the center of the front storage bin from ETI.

It works well, as it is sort of wedged in there....

i have to remove the power cable and a couple other things to get it out, but given that we tw with a SUV I like it being there....

Sterilite i think? i could look another day to see if it still had it's model # sticker on the bin.... if anyone wanted...

really is a sweet fit.

cheers

john
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #64

I finally found that tote Carl listed at walmart.ca. Only $14 Canadian pesos, not bad.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sterili.../6000195423691
Old 09-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #65

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Hi all Camp Chef users.
Yep, we love that stove.My son lost the three burner in a garage fire.We got another one last week via Amazon.Made a run to our mail box in Blaine WA to pick it up.We are going moose hunting up north and we like the three burner for our very large cast iron frying pans.AAA
for sure.Camp cooking at its finest.Have to manufacture another wind screen from thin plywood and aluminum skin.
Allan.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #66

Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I had forgotten about that, thanks. I have a 30L Serlite, which is too small.

I am using a 29.3L Rubbermaid Roughneck, of which I like the quality better than Serlite, but it is just a tad too small.
That may have been my post. I use the black stacker for the 2 burner stove. It fits under the bed via outside storage door on our 2016 21. The stackers come in 3 different sizes. I can stack them 2 high in the back of the pickup bed and they are about an inch short of making contact with the tonneau cover. I think people whose job it is to size coolers and boxes do a lot of work sizing. Ever notice 1/2 gal. milk cartons and 1 gal. milk jugs fit nicely in a cooler?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...Black/43393264

2 of these fit side by side right on top of the one above.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...Black/43002357

This bigger one stacks as well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...-Tote/43393267

I noticed our WM is Kalispell is pretty much out of stock right now. Of course they are pretty much out of stock on a lot of things. Beware Amazon.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #67

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_bullet View Post
I noticed our WM is Kalispell is pretty much out of stock right now. Of course they are pretty much out of stock on a lot of things. Beware Amazon.
Ours are a bit empty but we were told that was due to the storm .
I wonder if the 2 Hurricanes messed up Walmarts distribution network.
Ours have nothing that requires freezing or cooling at this time.
I took a picture of it as it was unusual.
Attached Thumbnails
walmart.jpg  
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 04:24 PM   #68

Trailer: 2023 Bigfoot 25B25FB
Hi. I realize this is an old thread but I'm about to purchase a new Camp Chef Ranger II for our travel trailer, which we'll connect to the exterior propane quick connect on our Bigfoot travel trailer (Sorry! We also looked at the Escape but it wasn't quite big enough for us!). Has anyone found a carry bag that snugly fits this stove? I've found other two-burner stove carry bags but they're quite large and made for the bigger size two-burner stoves.

Also, will I need these three fittings to do the stove conversion and have a quick connect at the stove, too? This way, I can quickly connect/disconnect a hose at both the stove and trailer quick connect.
- 90 degree elbow connector 3/8" x 3/8"
- Brass pipe fitting coupling, 3/8" x 3/8" female pipe
- 3/8" male flare x 1/4" quick connect plug

Thanks.
Ray D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 10:23 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray D View Post
Hi. I realize this is an old thread but I'm about to purchase a new Camp Chef Ranger II for our travel trailer, which we'll connect to the exterior propane quick connect on our Bigfoot travel trailer (Sorry! We also looked at the Escape but it wasn't quite big enough for us!). Has anyone found a carry bag that snugly fits this stove? I've found other two-burner stove carry bags but they're quite large and made for the bigger size two-burner stoves.

Also, will I need these three fittings to do the stove conversion and have a quick connect at the stove, too? This way, I can quickly connect/disconnect a hose at both the stove and trailer quick connect.
- 90 degree elbow connector 3/8" x 3/8"
- Brass pipe fitting coupling, 3/8" x 3/8" female pipe
- 3/8" male flare x 1/4" quick connect plug

Thanks.
All you need is the 90 and male connector. All fittings are then flare with no need for anything with pipe thread. Plus, no darn pipe dope or tape needed. I used a 12" pigtail hose with a 3/8" male flared end and a male connector. This is not needed but I find the flexibility a nice touch.

https://tejassmokers.com/Low-Pressure-RV-QD-Hoses/537
Old 03-17-2024, 10:52 AM   #70

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:

Thanks.
We don’t have a bag, Ray, but saved the box the Camp Chef Ranger II came in. It is both snug and protective!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 11:08 AM   #71

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Back in the 60s when you bought a new Coleman lantern there were no bags or plastic cases available. Some folks built lightweight wooden boxes for their lanterns to protect the glass and the mantles. With the lantern came a heavy cardboard box that held the lantern securely. There was an instruction paper or printed on the box, the directions for painting the box with a few coats of varnish or shellac. Also it was suggested that two large buttons be “sewn” onto the box and a heavy cord figure 8 wound around the buttons to secure the top flap. My middle brother was the first of us to own a Coleman lantern and we followed this suggestion. That box lasted for years. We were a “waste not, want not” family with depression raised parents.

So was my wife Rita. Last night she showed me an aging child’s book that had come apart. She carefully resurrected it to be read again by our grandchildren. Some things stay with you.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-17-2024, 11:40 AM   #72
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Back in the 60s when you bought a new Coleman lantern there were no bags or plastic cases available. Some folks built lightweight wooden boxes for their lanterns to protect the glass and the mantles. With the lantern came a heavy cardboard box that held the lantern securely. There was an instruction paper or printed on the box, the directions for painting the box with a few coats of varnish or shellac. Also it was suggested that two large buttons be “sewn” onto the box and a heavy cord figure 8 wound around the buttons to secure the top flap. My middle brother was the first of us to own a Coleman lantern and we followed this suggestion. That box lasted for years. We were a “waste not, want not” family with depression raised parents.

So was my wife Rita. Last night she showed me an aging child’s book that had come apart. She carefully resurrected it to be read again by our grandchildren. Some things stay with you.
Iowa Dave
When Linda and I were backpacking more frequently in the late 80's and 90's, we would buy four water bottled waters (not very common back then) and wrap them in duct tape and reuse them for months on end making sure to clean them regularly. The plastic used back then was thicker and the duct tape layer made the bottles indestructible. They were also way, way cheaper than Nalgene bottles at the time.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 12:42 PM   #73

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
When I had a 38 field soccer complex under my purview we would start the spring and fall seasons with three empty “combo” cardboard bins in the shop. They were 4 foot square cardboard boxes on pallets. The guys would pick up the fields after every practice and games at the end of the day. By the end of the season the bins would be full. One with Nalgene bottles, one with jackets and backpacks and one with soccer balls. If there were names or phone Numbers on them we’d make the call but but most of the time they were blank. We had charities that would take the clothes and balls but the water bottles we sent to the landfill. People would have a lot more money if they took care of what they already have.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-17-2024, 03:16 PM   #74

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
When my Dad bought a Coleman stove for camping in the 1960s he did the same: varnished or shellaced the cardboard box it came in. That box lasted the 40 or so years our family used it and may still be in use by whoever bought the stove at my Dad's yard sale.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:53 PM   #75

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Although not a bag, the tote in the included photo is a perfect fit for the Camp Chef Ranger II. These totes can be found at Walmart and other retailers. I have my Ranger II in this very tote up in the attic over my garage because I prefer cooking on a Weber grill and I use a griddle insert on one side.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1903.jpg