Check your nut! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2009, 06:39 AM   #1

Trailer: '07 17B
Check your nut!

After a pleasant camping trip at Morton Lake, we came back to civilization on Sunday. In Campbell River, we stopped at the sani station to empty. That's where i found the handle for the gate valve was missing! I assume the logging road had loosened the nut off & then the handle fell of. When i find a replacement, i'll be sure to put the nut on using loc-tite! So, just a heads up to check that nut! Gary
GaryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Re: Check your nut!

Hi: GaryH... Might just be a good spot for a Nyloc Nut. I backed into our low wall alongside the driveway and broke off the little plastic loop on the outside of that handle...so I have to watch out now or the handle is next!!! We're probably not the first...and won't be the last Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #3

we took our trailer out of storage in prep for a trip and checked the nuts. They were in need of tightening. Thank you GaryH!
hbgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #4

Can you tell me what the gate valve is? And, what nuts should I check for tightness?
Thanks.
dlehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #5

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Your gate valve is the "gateway" to your gray and black tanks, ie. the valves by which you drain the two. Apparently, on the older models, the "T" handle is held in place by a nut on top. On the '09 (my 5.0 anyway), the handles screw into the valve, so no nut to tighten there. Some of these other "nuts" on the forum may need a little tighteniing, but not the new Escapes : - )
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #6

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19

Hi GaryH,
Couldn't help but notice your VE7 call. Doug (VE7DRF) and I (VE7KDD) have been doing ARRL Field Day in our 17' Escape for three years now. Just a quick note to say 73's and thanks for the tip about the "nuts".
Kathy
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #7

Trailer: '07 17B

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuthatchBC
Hi GaryH,
Couldn't help but notice your VE7 call. Doug (VE7DRF) and I (VE7KDD) have been doing ARRL Field Day in our 17' Escape for three years now. Just a quick note to say 73's and thanks for the tip about the "nuts".
Kathy
Neat! I've just got my license last December. We're going up to the Chilcotin next week & i'm working on installing antennas & such on my truck (HF). How is yours setup?
Re the gate valve handle.........i went to the local rv parts store & got a different style. This one is aluminum & it just screws on. I didn't feel like buying a bottle of loctite for just this, so i used silicon on the threads. Once it sets, i should be sufficient to stop the loosening.
GaryH is offline   Reply With Quote