Choices, Choices - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Okay, here's the pic I tried to post earlier. Thanks to JohnB for his help.
Attached Thumbnails
Accessories-020RS.jpg  
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
This is great. I hope it's okay to answer all at once, so far.

Not sure we would want 12V outside, but will consider it. I thought there was already a 120V outlet outside. Good reminder on having the porch light switch inside. And the 3M hooks look perfect.

Will get the captain lights, higher taillights, and don't need the higher axle (which probably adds wind drag as well).

On the 120V outlet at the stove, I thought Kim said we could get it on the backsplash, but your're right....she said on the face of the counter. That will work for us. Might not bother with the one in the doorway.

I'll check back here tomorrow to see if anything else turns up. Thanks!
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There is no hi lift axle on the Escape 19 available. I had Reace install a piece of ply wood ($25 if I recall) on the dinette side of bath room wall for reinforcement and for ease of installation of the tv. In retrospect, I's would have had the front bath and bedroom wall sides also reinforced. Gives you unlimited choices for hanging things.

Two things I'd change, I'd go with a 2 burner stove, turned sideways mounted by the door and the sink by the bed and eliminate the range hood, not needed with this configuration (with the opening window over the sink and Maxxair fan also) and have the 120 v outlet mounted on front of kitchen cabinets under the counter top. I'd also add an extra flip up table in the bedroom side and an extra 12v and 120v outlet under that table in the bedroom-electric blankets come in handy. Extra 12v where the tv is in case you get a 12v TV. Extra light outside in front for night time hookups, all wired into same switch for all 3 exterior lights, street/curb and front.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Okay, here's the pic I tried to post earlier.
That looks really good. Do you like it? I have a couple of halogen lights on a gooseneck mount that would work well, but the Escape version is probably the better choice.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
That looks really good. Do you like it? I have a couple of halogen lights on a gooseneck mount that would work well, but the Escape version is probably the better choice.
I don't get my Escape until next month. I got this picture from Tammy. They are a very good-looking fixture, I think, and I'm sure I'll like it for bedtime reading.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 03-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #46

Jim,

The plywood in the wall seems simple enough. I had been thinking about 1X4 strips, but I guess a hunk of plywood gives all kinds of options. We don't hang much up in our Casita, so those 3M hooks really might be enough for us.

I'm curious about the stove. We tend to cook inside often, and occasionally 3 burners would be helpful. That said, we were going for the 2 burner but it doesn't appear to be available in SS, which we want. I've heard of others trading the stove and sink; why do you think that's helpful? And, good thought about just using the overhead fan instead of adding the hood.

As for the shelf at the foot of the bed, Ian and Jenny showed us theirs, and we plan to do the same, much as you described.

Great idea about the outside lights!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #47

The 2 burner will give you counter space, with the 3 burner you have very little. The 2 burner ss is available, but it costs a little more, or go with the white stock 2 burner. Since you cook, you want the stove closer to door and Maxxair fan overhead and further away from the bed, thus flip flopping the sink and stove and you do not want the exhaust fan sticking out, eliminate the exhaust fan for a credit which you can apply towards the stove if you want the ss option. Also remember to get extra 12v outlets, Reace may or may not charge you for a couple.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #48

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
See post #8 in http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...holes-245.html

for more info on the 3M hooks.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #49

There's a little sticker shock regarding the 2-burner SS stove (which is about the same price as the white enamel online). I opted to delete the hood and get a SS two-burner stove. The upcharge in going to SS hood/stove (3-burner) still applies but you do get a small credit for no hood.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 04-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #50

Hi Karen,

Did you reverse your stove and sink positions? My wife (who does 90% of our indoor cooking) says it feels more natural to her to have the stove on the right (as it is in our Casita). We're getting the flip-up table at the end of the counter (near the door). We looked at a two burner stove, which had one enormous burner and one regular sized. I'm curious to see how much larger the three-burner unit is.

Jim,

Is your preference for flipping the stove and sink related to ventilation or to what feels better in use. We're both left-handed....wonder if that matters. Does alignment with the opening window over the stove play into this?

Getting our list ready for a call to Escape.

Parker
Old 04-02-2013, 12:18 AM   #51

Somewhere here on the forum are the dimensions of the 2 burner and 3 burner, I believe about 2-3 inches all the way around. In retrospect I'll never have 3 things cooking at once. Yes, ventilation was my reason for switching, I did not like the stove(as in the Casitas) next to the bed and now it is next to the door. Reace centers the extra window(which also opens) between the stove and sink.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #52

Okay, makes sense. We do have three things going at once on occasion, which usually involves having me outside over the camp stove!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanbavel View Post
Question: You mentioned carring an "inflatable kayak" inside the TV. I am very interested in having an inflatable kayak and have looked at several on line. Focusing in on the SeaEagle Paddleski 435. Which do you have? Any recommendations? I had one before from National Geografic which was way too "saggy" and now has a leak that I simply can't find to patch. I would like a 2 person version.
Hi Jay,

Sorry, I forgot to answer your kayak question. After deciding our old non-folding Folbot was too much trouble, we bought a SeaEagle FastTrack. We used it several times in the FL Keys in March and had a lot of fun with it. It's pricey, but seems to be very high quality, was easy to set up, light weight, and seemed faster than our old Folbot, or at least easier to paddle. It may be a little wetter too, but that's part of kayaking I guess.

Parker