City Water Inlet Help - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-17-2019, 01:19 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Sammamish, Washington
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21...our EscapePod; 2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
Posts: 13
City Water Inlet Help

Hi folks, I have a 2014 Escape 21 trailer. It is well built and has been pretty trouble free. My issue is in the last couple of years the City Water Inlet on the outside of the trailer has started to leak behind the white knob. I have a pressure reducer on the line and have ensured the washers in the hose connections are fine. It is leaking behind the knob....so I figure the connection between knob and the inside (assume it is a pex connection) has come loose. Any advice on how to get to it and then to fix? I am assuming my best option is to drill out the rivets and hopefully it will lift out and I can fix it then...I hope. Appreciate any insights you folks might have. Thanks for your help. Jim M
__________________

camperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:14 PM   #2
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 5,288
If I was going to the trouble of removing it I;d replace it with a new one. I think this is the one for my trailer.
https://www.easternmarine.com/citygr...te-497-ab-2p-a
__________________

__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Sammamish, Washington
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21...our EscapePod; 2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
If I was going to the trouble of removing it I;d replace it with a new one. I think this is the one for my trailer.
https://www.easternmarine.com/citygr...te-497-ab-2p-a



Thanks Bob, I will do that....no sense in keeping the old....better to replace all parts at the same time. appreciate the reply.
camperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:55 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
tdf-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Baytown, Texas
Trailer: 2017 21' Escape
Posts: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperwa View Post
Hi folks, I have a 2014 Escape 21 trailer. It is well built and has been pretty trouble free. My issue is in the last couple of years the City Water Inlet on the outside of the trailer has started to leak behind the white knob. I have a pressure reducer on the line and have ensured the washers in the hose connections are fine. It is leaking behind the knob....so I figure the connection between knob and the inside (assume it is a pex connection) has come loose. Any advice on how to get to it and then to fix? I am assuming my best option is to drill out the rivets and hopefully it will lift out and I can fix it then...I hope. Appreciate any insights you folks might have. Thanks for your help. Jim M
I've noticed that when I connect the water hose to the city water inlet, it puts a lot of strain on the fitting. I started using this and it really helps.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-90-...xoCNfQQAvD_BwE
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 90 hose.jpeg (25.4 KB, 23 views)
__________________
If It Isnít Perfect, It Isnít Finished
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Eggscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 1,158
That 90 is just a lot easier on everything...I use one as well.
__________________
So many modifications...so little time.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:52 PM   #6
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 8,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
That 90 is just a lot easier on everything...I use one as well.
I too use the 90, PLUS I added a quick connect to the trailer and the other side to the 90. Leak free results, I'll never cross thread the plastic and hooking up the trailer side takes all of about 3 seconds. Love it!
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:56 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Eggscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 1,158
Sounds good...is the part left on the trailer open or do you have a cap for it?
__________________
So many modifications...so little time.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:20 PM   #8
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 8,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Sounds good...is the part left on the trailer open or do you have a cap for it?
Talking to me? I cap off the part on the trailer when the hose is not connected. A 3/8" (I THINK) vinyl chair cap fits pretty tight (at least it's never blown off.) I bought a second set of plastic quick connects and filled both with JB weld. One part pushes into the 90 and the other screws into the other end (pressure regulator). Before the quick connects, I screwed both ends of the hose together to prevent dribbles... like everyone does. But needed to stop dribbles since the ends can no longer be screwed together.


I'm picking up Ten Forward for it's Spring bath in a bit more than a week. I'll take some pics and post.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:36 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Eggscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 1,158
Great...thanks.
__________________
So many modifications...so little time.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:51 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
EdColorado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Front Range, Colorado
Trailer: 2018 21’ The Last Hurrah
Posts: 370
And when you're hooked up to city water, do you remember to shut off the supply faucet each, and every time, you leave the trailer for a bit, or do you mostly just hope a leak won't start in your absence?
__________________

__________________
Drive slowly. Stop often.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.