Man, when I started reading this thread yesterday I'd never had a problem with my detector. Then last night, here at the rainy BC Eggs rally
, ours went off with a deafening blast. Undid a spade connector to shut it off. Had installed them when re-positioned the unit. We are hooked up to shore power and not using any propane.
So, with the pouring rain and no boccie ball playing
I actually read the detector info. Imagine my surprise to learn that it's supposed to be vacuumed and wiped clean etc. and that it has a 5 year life span and that it has an EOL signal that's different from an alarm signal. And also, it's a propane detector and not a CO detector (or any other gas).
So when we get home I'll vacuum the sensor and we'll see if it goes off again. Working OK for now. Oh, and now that I've read how the mute button works I won't have to disconnect the power.