coffee and sat radio - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #41

Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16' SOLD , 2008 Airstream 19'
RWS,
You can't go wrong with the Melita cone and vacuum bottle carafe that glenn posted the link to. Paper filters are easy to lift out and dispose of along with the wet grounds when camping. I use a Hario beehive kettle for the boiling of water and pouring. The spout is skinny, which gives good slow pouring control. A tea kettle pours too fast. We carry a Hario hand grinder for the bean duty. At home I use a Hario woodneck for individual 16oz. servings. It uses a rag filter cone which is washable and reused. It makes superior coffee to the Melita, but is limited to the small batch, and it is harder to rinse the grounds from the filter making it not ideal for dry camping cleanup. We use a Bonavita automatic dripper at home for larger batches. It uses the same SS vacuum carafe as the Melita and a Melita style cone. It produces ideal water temperature and has a shower head to spread the water drip. It heats up fast too. The bulk of the unit would make it less than ideal for camping, and it needs 120 volts.
We have taken an XM boombox camping. (the bow tie shaped one) It has worked well. The antenna doesn't work inside our Scamp due to the foil insulation, but may work in an Escape. On our next trip I will lug along a Beatbox and stream Pandora from my tablet to see how it does. It requires 120vac, so limited to hookup sites. I don't have enough battery reserve for an inverter to power such stuff. I feel guilty running the Honda 2000 just for music!
Russ
ruscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
Not sure it is fair to paint such a picture when we're looking a Calgary's weather ....
It's prolly mean to share this. Still in the 60's (f) here, in the People's Republic of California. We are still riding the motorbikes, and camping.

Rainy season should be getting close, and cooler weather too. But so far, we are still sunny and comfortable during the days (cool nights 30's and 40's).
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote