Condensation in your Escape - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Old 11-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #11
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner
santacruzer, when you mention condensation between the Reflectix and window, I have seen a window that was a real mess from similar stuff. Over time it ruined it. Anything next to a barrier like that will have had so much condensation eventually that it makes a mess of it. Reflectix cannot take care of the problem of too much heat and not enough ventilation. In fact, it will likely make the problem worse. Of course, a pop-out would get much more air, I would think.

As First Jim mentioned, you need lots of blankets! And ventilation. And as he said, breathing is the big source of the problem. Someone gave the surprising stats on that a while back. If a microwave is available, it is good for heating water to keep the condensation down.

Also, I understand that a new trailer has materials which cause more condensation the first year, just as a new one has outgassing. May not be as bad the second year.

Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #12
Trailer: 2009 19' Escape
Along with using a dehumidifier and keeping the Maxx fan vent open a bit in our 19', we found it really cuts down on moisture around the bed if we keep one door to the under-bed storage open when we're camping in cold, wet places. Otherwise it gets very cold under there and very warm when two people are lying in the bed, hence increased condensation on the walls around the bed and under the mattress.

Cheryl and Bruce
Eureka, California
cheryls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19'
Would anyone comment on their experience with de-humidifiers? We just got back from a trip that was cold and rainy and had way too much condensation going on inside the trailer around the windows...dripping where it shouldn't. I would like to find a good solution for this. Thanks!

hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote