Cover for an Escape 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2018, 04:13 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Cover for an Escape 21

I'm looking for a cover for my 2015 Escape 21 and am wondering about experiences with the cover sold by Escape? My Escape has a lot on the roof including a TV antenna, solar panels, A/c, Fan, stack vents, fridge, etc... Will a standard cover work with all of these accessories on the roof, or do I need a cover that has been modified to accommodate the devices on the roof?

Is the Escape cover a good cover, or should I look at another brand?
AndyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:50 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
Hi Andy:

We just placed this same cover on our 2018 21 yesterday, so can’t comment on longevity. The impression from looking at the fabric quality is that it might last a couple of seasons, but others with longer experience can comment. Our 21 has a similar array of equipment up top, and we had plenty of room. We did have a couple of the Fastex buckles tear off yesterday: it certainly isn’t heavy weight fabric.… We were able to reconnect them using a short piece of rope using a sheet bend knot. I will post a picture once I get to a computer that will easily permit doing so… We did cut pool noodles into 18-inch lengths and split them longitudinally so we could place them over the corners of the solar panels as protection for the cover…

— Claude
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #3

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Have a non ETI trailer cover but fwiw, do what you can to eliminate anything that may cut or abrade the cover. I remove my cell antenna, cover the JACK antenna with a square laundry basket, and cover the ends of the solar panel with slit pool noodles held in place with a couple straps.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:50 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
Here's the photo of our cover placed yesterday:
Attached Thumbnails
E21 Classic Accessories Cover.jpg  
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:00 AM   #5

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCAT3 View Post
Hi Andy:

We just placed this same cover on our 2018 21 yesterday, so can’t comment on longevity. The impression from looking at the fabric quality is that it might last a couple of seasons, but others with longer experience can comment. Our 21 has a similar array of equipment up top, and we had plenty of room. We did have a couple of the Fastex buckles tear off yesterday: it certainly isn’t heavy weight fabric.… We were able to reconnect them using a short piece of rope using a sheet bend knot. I will post a picture once I get to a computer that will easily permit doing so… We did cut pool noodles into 18-inch lengths and split them longitudinally so we could place them over the corners of the solar panels as protection for the cover…

— Claude
AndyF, I have a brand new still in the box cover for a 21 if you are interested. I just sent you a private message. I live in Sherburne NY. 607-244-2081
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #6

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCAT3 View Post
Hi Andy:

— Claude
We are coming up on 5yrs using our inexpensive "RV Covers" cover on our 2013 Escape 19'. (I had originally picked up the cover for $183 plus shipping.) There is very little wear on the cover and it is looking as if we should be able to get at least several more years of use out of it.

I have a Calmark cover that I use on our 15B which is heavier than the RV Cover, and am hoping for similar or better performance with that cover.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote