Dealing with repair centers - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Old 08-08-2015, 01:27 AM   #11
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
For the trailer, hiring a mobile repair service worked out well for us. You get to talk over the issue with the actual person doing the work, and you can hang out through the work if you wish. It may differ if you don't keep the trailer at home.

From what I've seen folks being charged for fridge work, the mobile service is cheaper too.

Happy Motoring
padlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:49 PM   #12
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
We have used four different mobile services, and I agree with Bob's notes. Depending on the problem, the location of the RV (RV being a trailer for Escapes, but a motorhome in our recent experience), and how it is being used, having a mobile service come to the RV can be a significant advantage. There are many mobile services, although finding them is not always easy. The ones I have seen tend to be one-person operations, so availability can be an issue (e.g. one and only tech goes on vacation, or is in another area fixing someone else's problem). Although they may have a minimum charge, they don't seem to charge for travel.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote