Dehumidifier for trailer? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2018, 09:54 PM   #41

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Everything seemed to be working fine collecting water in the dehumidifier's built-in bucket, so I went ahead and hooked up the continuous drain hose, and it seems to be working fine, as well.
I know it would probably take all summer to fill the tank, but are you just leaving the gray tank valve open and draining to the ground?
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:25 PM   #42

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I know it would probably take all summer to fill the tank, but are you just leaving the gray tank valve open and draining to the ground?
I don't want a mud puddle under the driver-side of the camper, so so far I'm just monitoring the fill level of the gray tank (I'll be curious to see how quickly/slowly it fills). When it gets about half full, the plan is to drain it into a bucket and use it to water some nearby Japanese Maple Trees. That's the plan, anyway.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #43

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
War Eagle thanks for the humidifier information. Based on this I have ordered one from Bed Bath and Beyond for my 19. I also would rather not have it plugged in to the trailer's electrical system. I may remove the bathroom screen and run an extension cord through the window and add some foam to seal off the opening.
maiki724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:43 AM   #44

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Help me and others why you feel the need for a separate electrical source for a 2 amp draw in a 30 amp capacity trailer?
Old 07-07-2018, 12:29 PM   #45

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Help me and others why you feel the need for a separate electrical source for a 2 amp draw in a 30 amp capacity trailer?

Why do you need to replace trailers when the propane goes low?
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #46

Trailer: None now
For me, a dehumidifier is a year round need as it is seldom low humidity here.
I could use the 30 amp inlet and flip off any breakers not needed. Or force a cord under the door or in through the hatch as I did at first. Or do a wee bit of work and have it the way I wanted it.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:34 PM   #47

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Two main reasons for me: 1) I don't want our nice detachable 30A cord laying out exposed to the elements year round when a cheap 15A cord will run just the dehumidifier just fine (said cord also has to run across our driveway from outlet to camper, and I'd rather run over a relatively inexpensive 15A cord when I'm too lazy to get out and unplug cord, move cord, drive through, re-plug cord, etc.), and 2) we live out in the boonies at the very end of our power provider's service line, and we absorb numerous power surges, some from lightning strikes, throughout the year, and I'd just as soon our camper's nice EMS system wasn't at risk every time a thunder storm blows through - which is nearly every afternoon during Summer here in the South - just to run that little 2 amp dehumidifier. But that's just me....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:10 PM   #48

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Okay, it is now more understandable why and it makes perfect sense, thanks for the intelligent and informative reply.